General > MBS Media

[MBS YouTube] Getting Started in Naval Gaming

(1/1)

Ruckdog:
Hi all! I just posted a video on the MBS YT channel about getting started in naval gaming. It took me a while to get it all done thanks to having tons of competing priorities, but I'm happy with how it came out. Interested to know what you think!

https://youtu.be/gBS51S7looM?si=JshGPGwli894jEoM

Kelly:
Good job on detailing all of the considerations before diving into naval games!

If there is a follow-up video, what about case studies in individual played games that you experienced or saw, specifically on your key cost decisions?  i.e. We began playing X after discussing X, Y, and Z... A vetoed Y due to the lack of "blank" and B preferred X over Z despite their being tied on "blank" but with X having greater support of "blank"?

Toxic_Rat:
That was a good intro.  Looking forward to follow up videos.

Mike

Easy E:
Thanks for this.  Well done!

Ruckdog:

--- Quote from: Kelly on November 13, 2023, 12:08:05 am ---Good job on detailing all of the considerations before diving into naval games!

If there is a follow-up video, what about case studies in individual played games that you experienced or saw, specifically on your key cost decisions?  i.e. We began playing X after discussing X, Y, and Z... A vetoed Y due to the lack of "blank" and B preferred X over Z despite their being tied on "blank" but with X having greater support of "blank"?

--- End quote ---

Interesting idea! I'll add that to my list of video ideas to consider. I don't know if I've really ever had that specific scenario happen to me personally. In general, I've either been in the position of being the advocate for a game that no one else was playing at the time, or else joining in with a group that was already playing a given game!

Talking through an example of how I came to play or collect a given game would be a fun discussion, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version