Author Topic: Press Gangers no more  (Read 683 times)

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Press Gangers no more
« on: March 08, 2017, 06:29:34 pm »
Only vaguely naval, but Privateer Press is terminating their Press Ganger program by April 30th. They'll only work direct wuth retailers for promotional events now. So soon, I'll "only" be a Vanguard.

When GW ditched the Outriders like this, it was a bad move all-round. And eventually 1 of 3-4 reasons why I ditched GW. But here at least, they're keeping Retailer comms open.

I wondered for a sec if Spartan might follow the trend and nix Vanguards. But Spartan_Linde seem very enthusiastic for improving that program. Still very much needed IMHO, given the drop in market penetration.

Unless PP was planning a Naval game (which would TOTALLY rock... Cryx Ghost Arks and Black Ships versus Khadoran galleys?!) this has little effect on the MBS world. But its more likely I'll have more time for Spartan events now, especially at Cons.

But now, if I want a Naval/Pirate themed title, I'll have to start demoing for Blood and Plunder or something. :-)

-- Dale
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Press Gangers no more
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 09:35:17 pm »
Interesting news. I would definitely be interested in a Warmahordes naval game if one ever comes along!

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Re: Press Gangers no more
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 10:43:44 pm »
I would definitely be interested in a Warmahordes naval game if one ever comes along!

Given they've had a Pirate theme since the very start, its a glaring omission! The main factions would all have cool designs:

Cryx: Massive Satyxis Black Ships, Ghost ships, and "Waterworld-style" bone adorned hulks

Protectorate of Menoth: Churchy Paddlewheel steamships

Khador: Iron plated Galleys and Rhulic made submarines

Cygnar: Sleek 3 and 4 masters with prow-mounted Lightning cannon

Convergence of CYriss: Clockwork Cogs!

Retribution of Scyrah - None, becasue they're landlocked! But maybe a fleet of small Arcantrik powered Riverboats, mounting high velocity railguns.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader