Author Topic: Adepticon 2016  (Read 10138 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Adepticon 2016
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2016, 09:09:04 pm »
I'm good until 5 on Thursday--got a terrain workshop to go to. :)
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2016, 10:03:30 am »
I've got Planetfall on Thuraday, Dark Age on Friday, and Armada on Saturday.  Sunday is clear and Friday I could dump if something more interesting comes up.

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2016, 02:49:59 pm »
I've got PlanetFall on Friday.  Is there an event on Thursday that I don't know about?

Firestorm Planetfall: The Schaumburg Beachhead
Day: Friday | Start Time: 9:00 AM | End Time: 5:00 PM | Category: Firestorm Planetfall | Event Type: Tournament | Age Requirements: Mature (16+) | Experience Required: Some | Location: Adventure Hall | More Info: The WayGate | Remaining Capacity: 1 | Cost: 15.00

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2016, 03:10:02 pm »
I must've gotten my dates turned around.  Swap Thurs and Friday.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2016, 05:57:07 pm »
it seems like Thursday afternoon may be the best window of opportunity for most or all of us to get together for a few hours.

I've kept Thursday wide open for this sort of thing, or random play for Malifaux and Warmachine.

Also, I'm hoping games can be set in the evenings, after the dinners. There's some prime drink-n-play hours there. I'll mainly have my own models for Firestorm, Planetfall, and Malifaux. But I'm game for whatever else (HALO, BFG, Guildball, boardgames, etc) if there are loaners. :-)
If packing goes well, I might bring "travel editions" of Blood Bowl Team Manager, DC Comics Deckbuilder, and whatever else can condense. :-)
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Creon

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2016, 03:56:16 pm »
I will be there but arriving Friday due to scheduling issues.  I'm free most of Friday, but SAT/SUN is taken up by Tournament

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2016, 12:50:52 pm »
It ain't looking good for the Planetfall Relthoza these days...

I got tabled again by Marty's Dindrenzi, second game in a row @ 2500. And he's just started playing.
First match, he had an air power skew plus artillery that just vaped my armor from side shots and such.
Second match, he went for minimal armor, 4x Nyx Sky Drops, and 2x Archangels. They started dropping on the 3rd activation, no way I could avoid them and they ate my armor and flyers without breaking a sweat.

In both games, the vaunted Relth infantry was too little, too late, and no staying power. That last nerf they did to the Infantry took them firmly too far in the other direction (IMHO).

I'll at least enjoy the con, but illusions of competitiveness are gone. I'd bring my fun/silly 3x Leviathan list if I could pack them.
And post-Con, if the new Orbats nerf the rest of the Relth list, going forward will be a struggle.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2016, 04:42:24 pm »
Well, you pounded me in February.  So maybe you'll get the chance to do it again  :'(

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2016, 09:36:08 am »
Tomorrow it begins!

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2016, 09:47:39 am »
Big congrats to Ruckdog, who took home Best Painted at the Adepticon Firestorm tourney!

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2016, 11:48:36 am »
Thanks! It was a lot of fun getting to play you in the event! I will have a in-depth report up on the blog, probably over the weekend.

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2016, 12:05:16 pm »
Awesome, can't wait!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2016, 11:41:06 pm »
Some pictures I took around the con while you all were fighting it out on the Planetfall, Armada, and Malifaux tables:

http://s482.photobucket.com/user/landlubber2011/slideshow/Tabletop%20Wargaming/Adepticon%202016

Enjoy!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ryjak

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ops Center
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2016, 08:59:49 pm »
I posted photos of most of the Firestorm Armada Fleets in my blog, and will post photos of Cerberus Station and the three fleets contesting it this weekend.

www.ops-center.weebly.com

We're also working hard to create several different Firestorm Armada Events for the 2016 NOVA in Alexandria, VA (just south of DC).  Greg and Andy will be getting our initial event packets in an e-mail, so we can discuss it during the next Podcast.  I'm hoping some of you can find a way to travel out for at least one of our FSA events.

Hopefully, the Podcast will coincide with the official announcement and open registration for the FSA events.