Author Topic: Report your progress!  (Read 1720 times)

MajorMcNicol

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • Regret #9
    • View Profile
    • Andy G. and Ian C.
Report your progress!
« on: May 18, 2013, 10:25:16 am »
Man, the forum has been really dead since the end of the painting contest - the opposite of the intention of the contest, I imagine!  What has everyone been up to in the last few weeks?

I admit I don't have much to report wargaming-wise, either.  I graduated from my master's program, started new employment, got a new gym membership etc. etc.  Busy times.  Hopefully soon I will finish writing up the results of my online survey about tabletop wargamers and post that online.

For Dystopian Wars, I have built some custom vessels that I intend as a mercenary fleet.  Six "pocket cruisers" and three "super destroyers," medium class vessels a little less expensive and less powerful than regular cruisers.  Painting soon, perhaps!

I have been enjoying the Pacific Cyclone supplement for DW that's been released on Spartan's website over the past few weeks.  13 PDFs so far (including the Italian fleet list and such).  If you haven't yet, I encourage you to check it out!  I hope they release the rules for the Free Australians for it soon.

I also finally got around to reading Armored Clash, and I think the rules are pretty cool - now I need to finish a force for it!

What have you been working on?  What have you accomplished?   :)
http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
UPDATED Canons de Zibeline DW Merc Company rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gsuBDmdvmLNFduUHRWMEtVbTA/view?usp=sharing

Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross

Camthalion

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Report your progress!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 05:59:38 pm »
I have been very slack on the gaming miniature front, though will  have to finish some very soon for part 2 of my project build on another forum.  I have been spending more time on some 1/350 scale models lately.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 01:15:57 am »
I've had a lot going on in the real world over the past several weeks, so I haven't really been able to devote any time to any aspects of the hobby (being a grown-up can be such a buzzkill sometimes). Ran a DW demo game at Havenstock '13, the May 4th gaming event at Gamer's Haven in Colorado Springs, and ran another demo game there a few weeks before.  I'm almost finished painting a squadron of French Voltaires, will post up some pics when they're done.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 08:56:14 am »
Yeah, I definitely hear you. Looking forward to seeing those Voltaires, though!

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 08:56:13 am »
May has an insane month for me at work, but it's coming to an end.  I all but forgot about gaming this month and just barely remembered in time to submit my game of Uncharted Seas for Historicon (only hours before the deadline), and just this morning spent some time mapping out my weekend at that convention--right now I may be playing nothing but naval games from Thursday through Saturday!

I did a bit of gaming last weekend, but mostly spent time in the kitchen as a volunteer cook for a modest crowd of 75 gamers at a gaming weekend camp:  http://fancywars.wordpress.com/2013/05/22/camp-nerdly-cook/

Oh, and I was a guest on the Wargaming Recon podcast with Jonathan!  We talked about how to work wargaming into community efforts for kids and charity:  http://wargamingforums.com/

And I finally ordered an online subscription to Miniature Wargames, the new magazine merged with Battlegames and Henry Hyde at the helm.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 12:54:19 pm »
Ah, Historicon....I miss that convention.  Although I'm held in minor awe by a few of the local gamers here who have never been, since I've attended a couple of times.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama