Author Topic: MBS Podcast Episode 44  (Read 613 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
MBS Podcast Episode 44
« on: July 24, 2020, 11:05:41 pm »
Landlubber and I are back with a new episode of the MBS Podcast!

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2020/07/25/episode-44/

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
Re: MBS Podcast Episode 44
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 11:23:11 pm »

Great to hear from you guys again!

Really interesting rundown on deployment, Ruckdog; All the details about shipboard life in a  modern navy were both insightful and educational, especially for us gamers with an in-depth interest.  And fantastic that you managed to combine hobby and job in those training sessions!

Lockdowns around teh globe seem to be affecting everyone in their gaming; Though the good news is that a lot of us are gettign painting done, the bad news is that a lot of peoepl aren't able to play and that has seen a massive increase in fleets of many games minis up for sale. In my country, we have all butt halted Covid19, and the only cases seems to be from peoepl arrivign here from elsewher, so the club scene has started again and we have games frequently again . . . the local DW league has started up, and we even have a potential new player.  But we are very dependent on overseas conditions fro any new items of course.  One positive from Lockdowns in England is that many "garage" companies are able to continue as they have small satff numbers and work in isolation most of the time; Brigade and GZG have had soem great releases in these times and I hope it keeps them afloat in these lean times.

Black Seas did, as I thought, come up with something for the Man'OWar and Uncharted Seas fans with the sea monsters set release- Made a few historical players blink more than once, of course, nevertheless it bodes well for the idea of expanding the game into a Fantasy Naval version like the Age of Sail equivalent of Konflict '47 ( Though that's more "weird science" if we HAVE to label things with "genre" stickers  :P ) which would please some peopel I'm certain.