Author Topic: Aeronautica Imperialis- Teaser that it will Return to FW  (Read 3866 times)

Easy E

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 112
    • View Profile
Re: Aeronautica Imperialis- Teaser that it will Return to FW
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 10:45:59 am »
I haven't bought any yet to confirm, but they look a lot bigger from what I can tell.

I could be wrong and will have a scale picture up when I get some.

Edit: Ash from GMG has a video up here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JEqM6F95SI&feature=youtu.be&t=2

He says the planes are 33% bigger at 8mm.  :(
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 11:13:59 am by Easy E »
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 10:29:22 pm »
I saw the models in person finally tonight at Gamer's Haven in the Springs. They definitely are too big for playing in conjunction with Adeptus Titanicus. That being said, I don't know how you'd run the two games combined--AI uses hex movement and AT doesn't, and AT needs ground terrain, whereas that would just interfere with movement for AI.

All that being said...the models are DANG COOL. The Thunderbolts look sweet, and the level of detail, especially for the scale, is just this side of insane.

I want to give the game a try before I consider buying it--want to see how it plays. I also want to wait a bit and see how GW fleshes it out. I'm hearing that it will be fully supported and that they're going to release flyers for just about all the factions, so I'm cautiously optimistic. I also want to see what aftermarket accessories come out, specifically game mats...AI uses a 2" hex grid, which I don't think is very common, so it'll be interesting to see if a company like Tablewar releases AI-specific mats.

At a bare minimum I'll likely buy some of the models to paint. Because I really need more models to paint.  ::)
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2019, 03:00:43 am »
I saw the models in person finally tonight at Gamer's Haven in the Springs. They definitely are too big for playing in conjunction with Adeptus Titanicus.

As did I at my next to local games store at the beach . . . . They are huge compared to Epic versions.

All that being said...the models are DANG COOL. The Thunderbolts look sweet, and the level of detail, especially for the scale, is just this side of insane.

Cannot disagree there - they are superb minis, both detail and style wise.

At a bare minimum I'll likely buy some of the models to paint. Because I really need more models to paint.  ::)
Oh really?  8) Since we are still in the wet side of spring, I'm not getting much doen here - Want to do some of mine? :D :P

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 11:51:54 pm »
Dude I have miniatures that I bought 7 years ago that I still haven’t painted. So... :-X

Easy E

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2019, 12:19:50 pm »
It was a tough choice, but I decided to stick with the scale I all ready have loads of stuff for.  Maybe when (if) the range expands, I can be convinced to switch up, but right now I can't bring myself to do it.
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2019, 09:59:12 pm »
Understandable. I might get into it later but I want to see how GW fleshes it out. The models are REALLY nice though.