Poll

Do you read the Man Battlestations Blog?

Yes, I look at it frequently.
I look at it occasionaly when it is linked to from a thread in the forums.
I looked at it once or twice, but it just isn't my thing.
I'm not into blogs, so I've never looked at it.
There is a MBS blog?!
Other (specify below).

Author Topic: Poll: The Blog  (Read 1224 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Poll: The Blog
« on: October 01, 2012, 06:51:47 pm »
So, the question is pretty self-explanatory. I'm quite curious to see how many of you read the blog, as I'd like to make it better and need to know who to shake down for suggestions ;). I'm concerned that there is not a lot of people reading it, based on the comments the posts get.

Stitch_Reloaded

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
The Blog
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 02:17:12 am »
I really do hate posting on a topic that is so far out of date.

However, since I'd seen that you hadn't received much feedback on the topic, I thought some new insight from a new member may help. 
First off the blog is useful to detail Game reports.  I personally would rather read a blog than searching thru threads on a message board. 
Secondly, events/postings in the blog can be highlighted were as posts in the message board can be missed by readers.

Finally the most important point I'd like to make, that myself as a new comer, is that I found your blog first. It had something relevant to what I was searching for and it brought me in willing to search through the message board for additional information. The end result was me joining the boards.

Some ideas for the blog:
  • More battle reports
  • Highlight Members Works
  • Break down of small elements of game rules (i.e. Movement of certain units in DW)
  • Product or model reviews form yourself or members

Speaking from experience, don't take everything on yourself.  You'll be posting more than you play or paint.
Get the members involved more, ask them to do write-ups and reviews. 
You'll find more participation when people feel that they have a part in the creation of the articles.

Stitch
I find accuracy increases exponentially when more rounds are placed down range.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Poll: The Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 01:03:54 pm »
Hey Stitch! Don't feel bad about digging up this thread...I certainly appreciate your suggestions. I am definitely interested in expanding the contributers to the blog; I've gotten a few guest entries already from MadDrB and Landlubber. I do like the idea of doing some more strategy-based posts, so I'll have to look at that. As for the idea of showcasing the work of members here, that hadn't occured to me but I think it is an idea worth thinking about. As I start, I think I will post all the entrants to the painting contest we are running once the submission deadline is past.