Andrewchristlieb's Tau Squadron
2 (20%)
Shades' Uncharted Seas Orcs
4 (40%)
Danaussie's USS Montana
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: April 29, 2013, 10:39:29 pm

Author Topic: Official Voting Thread: Final Round  (Read 8189 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Official Voting Thread: Final Round
« on: April 22, 2013, 10:37:33 pm »
The preliminary voting was close, but we have our three finalists! They are:

From Heat 1, it's Andrewchristlieb's Tau Squadron:

From Heat 2, it's DanAussie with the USS Montana:

From Heat 3, it's Shades with his Uncharted Seas Orcs:

Good luck to our three finalists! Voting will once again be open for one week.

Danaussie

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Official Voting Thread: Final Round
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 06:53:41 pm »
Im not really sure who won, I just recieved a PM about prizes but not sure where I placed, if the voting is finished it appears that we have a draw, between Shades and myself, I would just like to say, thanks to Ruckdog and his team for giving us the opportunity to compete in this contest. There was not one artist that didnt deserve to be here, all truly magnificent works. There is one thing that is great about Painting Contests and that is the raising of the bar of excellence. They always seem to make me paint that little bit better, and pay just that little bit more attention to detail, Im sure its that way for all of the guys that entered.

Just remember guys that you may not have won today, but that doesnt mean you wont win tomorrow. And you are all fellow artists, and for that you will always be winners in my eyes. Well done to all the guys that entered, and while Im here let me also give my personal congratulations to Shades and to Andrewwchristlieb for their exemplary work....congratulations guys.

Thank you very much...I am truly honoured. ;D ;D ;D

Dan

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 10:21:55 pm »
Totally agree, Dan! Voting goes for one more day ;).

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 04:52:34 am »
Voting is closed and we indeed have a tie for first place between danaussie and Shades.  We'll work out awarding prizes when Ruckdog returns to shore.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 01:03:55 am »
Congrats to the winners!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Camthalion

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 02:16:57 am »
congrats to both

Danaussie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 09:18:23 pm »
Cheers guys,

Im not sure if Ruckdog got my PM, but in case he didnt, please keep the prizes, the certificate is not of much use to me "downunder", if it is possible, just give mine to Andrew, its enough that Montana's paintjob got the recognition. Perhaps a "Hall of Fame" or something like that may be a good idea so that our work is forever achived. Just a suggestion of course.

Anyways thanks for the opportunity to paint something for the competition and well done once again to all those that entered.

Great work ....all of you. :D

Dan

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 08:19:05 pm »
Cheers guys,

Im not sure if Ruckdog got my PM, but in case he didnt, please keep the prizes, the certificate is not of much use to me "downunder", if it is possible, just give mine to Andrew, its enough that Montana's paintjob got the recognition. Perhaps a "Hall of Fame" or something like that may be a good idea so that our work is forever achived. Just a suggestion of course.

Anyways thanks for the opportunity to paint something for the competition and well done once again to all those that entered.

Great work ....all of you. :D

Dan

Thanks for the great sentiments, Dan, and congrats! Don't worry, I have a different method in mind for rewarding your efforts :).

Shades

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 01:45:20 pm »
I'm very honored to be awarded a prize, much less 1st place, which comes as a bit of a shocker to me!  Thanks to Ruckdog for organizing a contest for all of us to enjoy, and thanks to everyone for participating, which is what really matters in the end.  Speaking of which, thanks to MadDrB for pushing me to participate!  Also a big thanks to Danaussie, who summed up the event with an eloquence I can't hope to match.  I certainly took some inspiration from my fellow painters, and I hope to meet folks at the gaming tables at Historicon or at the painting competition for NOVA Open.  A warm salute to everyone!  Cheers!