Author Topic: MBS Podcast Episode 40  (Read 1499 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
MBS Podcast Episode 40
« on: April 28, 2019, 06:32:14 pm »

At long last, Episode 40 of the MBS podcast has dropped anchor! First up, Andy pumps Greg for all the juicy details of his experiences at Adepticon 2019! After that, they discuss the current state of Halo Fleet Battles, which MBS last focused on all the way back in Episode 4.

Adepticon 2019: 46 Min

2-Player Starter Sets: 1 Hr 30 Min

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2019/04/28/episode-40/

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
Re: MBS Podcast Episode 40
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 09:11:01 pm »

Pretty good podcast this tiem around, though shutting off in midesentence durign a really interestign discussion was a worry.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone in beleiving that if people are willing to play it, and make the effort to do so, then no game is truly dead and gone. As to the minefield that is the IP issue, well . . . Gonna have to say, I think for my own part that the doctrine of "fair use', the 10 Per Cent Rule established in US law under "Disney vs "The Air Pirates"" and the old European and to a lesser extent American 'Use it or lose it' precedents do not always apply, though in the case of the halo gmaes they most surely have some weight.

The Adepticon thing sounds amazing - having never attended a truly large convention this will have to go on my Bucket List.

The USS Brooklyn historical notes were intriguing - Especially given how we talk about influential weapons systems, but this was probably the most notable example.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 02:55:48 pm »
Covertwalrus, as always thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you found it an enjoyable listen.

What is the "shut off" you are referring to? I haven't listened to the show yet in its final version. Are you describing a technical issue on our part, or that we didn't fully develop a topic of discussion?
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Wanjajoral

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 06:28:02 am »
The episode ends in the middle of the last (?) segment - pretty much mid-sentence.
I hope you can add the missing/incomplete segment to the next episode as it would have been great to listen to it in its entirety.

Otherwise, great episode, as always.
Thanks a lot :)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 11:01:45 pm »
Ok thanks for letting us know. Not sure what happened during the recording. Glad you enjoyed the discussion though.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 07:48:06 pm »
The episode ends in the middle of the last (?) segment - pretty much mid-sentence.
I hope you can add the missing/incomplete segment to the next episode as it would have been great to listen to it in its entirety.

Otherwise, great episode, as always.
Thanks a lot :)

I figured it out! The issue turned out to be a problem with how the  MP3 uploaded to our host; somehow, the last 30 minutes or so of the episode failed to post. I've re-uploaded the file, and it seems to all be their now. Let me know if there are any more issues!