Author Topic: Vrtsion 1.0 rulebook  (Read 1133 times)

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
Vrtsion 1.0 rulebook
« on: March 12, 2017, 05:36:28 am »
Does anyone have a pdf copy of the 1.0 rulebook they can make available, please?  I'm after the rules for tactics points. 
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Klingsor

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Vrtsion 1.0 rulebook
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 04:52:46 am »
The earliest PDF I can find is dated January 2013 and has a blue background to the ship on the cover. Is it any use?

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 03:03:01 pm »
No Idea, I never saw the 1.0 rulebook.  Someone on the spartan forums put me on to tactics points as a mechanism for ship experience in campaigns, and told me they were in the first edition rulebook.
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 188
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 12:25:07 am »
Tactics Points, eh? Well, I have my 1.0 rules in front of me, so lets see...

Ah! I found it! To be honest, I had completely forgotten about this feature of the original rules; it's been a long time since I cracked the old 1.0 book  :o.

Anyway, here is the applicable page:

No Idea, I never saw the 1.0 rulebook.  Someone on the spartan forums put me on to tactics points as a mechanism for ship experience in campaigns, and told me they were in the first edition rulebook.

That is a great idea! Like I said, I had forgotten all about the tactics point mechanic. There is some adaption that would have to be done to fully align it with the 2.0 rules, but that shouldn't be too hard. If I ever get around to updating my FSA conversion of the BFG campaign system, I'll have to add these in!

The earliest PDF I can find is dated January 2013 and has a blue background to the ship on the cover. Is it any use?

That would be the much-derided 1.5 version:

The 1.0 Edition looked like this:

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 03:07:28 pm »
Thanks heaps Ruckdog, that's exactly what I wanted. 
Tacitus