Other Naval Games > DeepWars

The Blood Reef Incursion

<< < (2/2)

Landlubber:
Fresh off their defeat while trying to secure a foothold in the Nereids' domain, the Fortune Hunters were gliding through the Reef, nursing their wounds, when they were pounced on by a Nereid warband!

This second game in our campaign was a simple Skirmish scenario, with about 500 points per side. We opted not to use any wild sea creatures in this scenario.

First blood went to the Nereids, as my Recon diver got WAY too far out ahead of the friendly battle line and was ambushed by a couple merfolk:

After being wounded by the Reef Guardians, the Nereid Sea Serpent swooped in to finish the poor guy off.

Meanwhile, Amatheia and her hammerhead shark streaked forward, looking for an easy kill against one of my tactical dive soldiers and the Big Game Hunter:

In a REALLY lucky roll, my dive soldier was able not only to fend Amatheia off but wound her in the process! Concentrated fire from the dive soldier and the Game Hunter finished her off, but then her hammerhead went after the dive soldier...

More shooting from the dive soldier and Game Hunter finally killed off the hammerhead. The Big Game Hunter moved off to assist my Heavy Dive Trooper, and the dive soldier was pounced upon by two of the vicious merfolk!

Meanwhile, in the middle of the board, the Sea Serpent took down my breaching mech after repeated melee attacks. The Big Game Hunter didn't get there in time!

Tandem shooting from the heavy dive trooper and tactical dive soldier finished off the beast. The remaining Nereids decided that discretion was the better part of valor, and retreated off the battlefield.

The Fortune Hunters certainly did better in this match than they did in the first scenario! I lost a tactical dive soldier, a breaching mech, and a recon diver, all of whom survived as "disabled" in the rolls at the end of the match. Unfortunately, Amatheia made her saving roll, so we haven't seen the last of her.

The Nereids now stand at 51 VP for the campaign, and the Fortune Hunters are at 39 VP. Our next scenario will be a Salvage mission, as the two forces both recover from their wounds and try to find some technological artifacts to use against each other.

A few more pics from the game:

Hopefully we'll get the next scenario played in the next week or two. Thanks for reading!

Stephan:
Thanks for the write-up!   Perhaps we'll have a shipwreck to fight over next time........

Landlubber:
Long overdue update on the campaign!

Unfortunately, I suffered a computer error a couple of months ago and I cannot find ANY of the pictures that I took during the game. We did play a salvage mission, and the Fortune Hunters got their butts handed to them by the Nereids. All of the Fortune Hunters were removed from the battlefield, and not one single Nereid was removed! The final tally for me was one tactical dive soldier killed, one heavy diver injured for the next scenario, and the Big Game Hunter injured for the next scenario.

The Nereids have widened the gap in the overall VP, although I'll have to consult with my opponent about what the current score is.

Hopefully, with the summer mostly behind us, we'll be able to get the next game played soon. And hopefully I'll get some pictures up for the next one. Stephan bought a BEAUTIFUL terrain piece that we used in the last game; I'm sure it will make an appearance again soon!

Thanks for reading!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version