Author Topic: "Let Them Fight"  (Read 1265 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
"Let Them Fight"
« on: August 20, 2015, 11:20:28 pm »
Well, you all knew this would happen sooner or later:

Stephan and I met at Gamer's Haven tonight for a 1000-point throw-down between the Chinese Federation and the Prussian Empire. Stephan was not up to his usual dice-witch shenanigans, so I actually didn't do too terribly bad against him. He missed a few key opportunities to vaporize my ships--but then, so did I.

And then, the Dragon boarded the Metzger:

But before that could happen, Stephan's frigates boarded the Dragon:

"Boarded" actually isn't the right word for it. When a robot "boards" any other vessel, it isn't actually a boarding assault--it's more like a melee attack. Since the Dragon is a robot and the Metzger is a robot, there were several special circumstances involved, so we had to read through that section of the rulebook. When we were ready, I rolled the dice.

And got two hits.

It was very anticlimactic.

So the Metzger broke contact and waddled off to harass my carriers. In the end, I had to send three flights of dive bombers to kill it.

And then, to add insult to injury, the frigates sunk my battleship.

We had to call the game at the end of turn three due to time constraints. Neither of us achieved our objectives. We agreed to call it a tactical draw.

Until next time--thanks for reading!

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:41:29 pm by Landlubber »
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
Re: "Let Them Fight"
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 12:54:49 am »
Great write up.  We need to try that again some time.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
Re: "Let Them Fight"
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 10:20:05 pm »
Looked like fun.  I still can't get over how great the dragon looks.  And Stephan's Metzgers are just as sweet, the water/wave effects are striking.