Author Topic: Spartan Games night at Gamer's Haven  (Read 1147 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Spartan Games night at Gamer's Haven
« on: June 14, 2015, 12:15:43 am »
I was talking with the staff at Gamer's Haven a couple weeks ago, and they brought up the idea of advertising Monday nights at the Haven as "Spartan Games nights". The only other consistent presence in the store on Monday nights is a small RPG group and the My Little Pony players, and they use the smaller boardgaming tables. The rest of the nights at the Haven are getting pretty busy, apparently--I've been in there mostly on Thursday nights over the past several months, and it's a bit of a mad house. Good problem for them to have, for sure, but not much room for Dystopian Wars/Planetfall/Firestorm amid all the boardgaming, 40k, Infinity, and Warmachine games.

I don't know if they've decided to start advertising this yet or not, but I told them I'd put the word out on this forum. Due to my current work situation, it will be rare for me to be in the Springs on a Monday night before the end of September, but after that point I could probably make it every week.

Just wanted to throw this idea out to our community. This certainly doesn't mean we can't play Spartan games on other nights of the week, but it might be a good way to advertise the game systems and draw in some more players. Easier to do when the store isn't full of all sorts of other games being played!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Re: Spartan Games night at Gamer's Haven
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 04:32:06 pm »
Once I'm moved, I'm planning to support that every other Monday.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader