Author Topic: Friday, oct 3rd?  (Read 2315 times)

Grabula

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Friday, oct 3rd?
« on: September 23, 2014, 12:35:07 am »
Hey all,  I know it's still almost two weeks out but my schedule is super tight so I'm trying to lock down games when I can.   Anyone interested in a game of dw or alternatively firestorm Friday the 3rd?

Also,  are most of you guys strictly naval?   I actually have larger land based armies than naval.   It was the rage when I started in my local area so I started with land based stuff and of the two is still my favorite.   Otherwise I've got a decent sized CoA Navy

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Friday, oct 3rd?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 11:24:30 pm »
The 3rd won't work for me, sorry.

I have to admit, I never really got into the land side of Dystopian Wars--not sure how many of our group in Denver have played.  I have the land starter box for the French and the FSA, plus plenty of air units to support them.  Do you play using the Armored Clash rules?

I'd be willing to give it a try sometime.  I haven't played a core land game in a couple years, though!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 10:58:12 am »
I can make Friday the 3rd after work.  Where in town are you at and what time are you thinking?  I can be outta work aroun 3:30-4p.  We could meet at Collectormania if you're out south or Crit Castle if you're out north, or if you have another place that you can think of. 

I have land forces for all core nations.  Not painted, so they match their naval and air forces.  I have never played with any of the land stuff, so I consider myself a DW terrestrial virgin.

Grabula

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 10:48:54 pm »
Markymark, I'm in Thornton,  not sure where crit castle is but I'm sure I could find it!  I'm amenable to playing just about anywhere.

I've never used the armored clash rules but I think in some ways the land side of things offers a more 'tactical' feel due to use of terrain,  movement,  etc.  Not that I don't like the seaside mind you.

markymark1970

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 10:59:03 am »
Ok, I'm by DIA.  So we're at least on the N side of town.  Is there anywhere between you and me that you're aware of?  Crit Castle is around 6th and Chambers.

Grabula

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 09:09:30 pm »
Thanks for the fight mark!  I had a good time,  can't wait to get my 2.0 book so I can get a better grasp on the new rules.

markymark1970

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 10:14:53 pm »
Yes, was a blast!  I love your Metzgars...  Even more than my Bombards that we're blowing them to bits.

Looking forward to the next sessions!