Author Topic: Dystopian Wars at Crit Castle, 1 June  (Read 1432 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Dystopian Wars at Crit Castle, 1 June
« on: June 04, 2014, 01:21:41 am »
Thought the Spartan Games discussion boards, a few of us realized that we were all in different corners of the greater Denver metro area, so we picked a store for a meetup this past weekend.  Four of us made it--Brad, Mark, Stephan and myself.  So we played one-on-one, Stephan's Prussians against Brad's Danes, and Mark's Russians against my French.  No battle reports from me this time, but here are a few pics.

Prussians and Danes facing off:

It was cool to see the Danish models, I had never seen them before other than the computer renders. These small carriers were very cool, reminded me of a flying version of the "jeep" carriers of WW2:

Here, my French stare across the sea at Mark's Russians:

I had parked my French subs well out of range, since they can reach into RB4 with their mortars:

This didn't seem to matter, though, as Mark proceeded to crush my French with his Slavic hammer:

My frigates dared to sail out and sink one of his frigates:

But then his cruisers showed up and punished them for their audacity:

Notice the distinct lack of French frigates in that second picture?  He also scored a magazine explosion on my near-healthy Tourbillon large flyer.  Good times.

Meanwhile, the Danes and the Prussians were getting up close and personal:

The center of their board became a hot zone quickly; I think Stephan said they had three magazine explosions in pretty quick succession.

At the end of the day, Brad's Danes beat the Prussians, and Mark's Russians won handily against my French.  But, we all had a good time, and it was good to meet other players in the Denver area.  Our next meetup will likely be sometime in July at a different Denver store.  Thanks for looking!

"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

DarkKnight

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dystopian Wars at Crit Castle, 1 June
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 03:47:15 pm »
The magazine explosions ended up evening them out in our game (Prussians vs Denmark). My pocket battleship got pop from his battleship in the first turn. I really thought I was doomed at that point losing the pride of the royal Danish fleet. The turning point was when his bombers and the massive Imperium moved close enough to counter attack with my fighter squadrons. The first squadron attacked the center bomber that and rolled double 1s and ended up crit the other 2 bombers, the Imperium and took out 2-3 of my corvettes that where tragically below the airshow. The last explosion was again my tft on the heavy bomber which only resulted in a nice boom. All and all a great game against a great opponent/teacher. Look forward to the next time with some great guys.

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 06:18:52 pm »
Glad you liked the game Brad, hopefully we can get everyone together again in July for round 2.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 12:02:34 pm »
Eventually I'll get around with posting some more details to the French/Russian fracas!