Author Topic: Denver Area Gamers Scheduling Thread  (Read 126361 times)

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Denver Area Gamers Scheduling Thread
« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2015, 10:11:48 pm »
It was just me and Chris, but we had a great game.  1500 pts of Covenant vs FSA with Aussie allies. Chris beat me on scenario, but in pure VP we slugged it out equally.  I got a little excited and tried boarding actions with my CoA, which didn't work as well as the Prussians.  His little assault subs took my carrier and used the Aussie commodore ability to take it over rather than prizing it.  The CoA couldn't have that, so their Dread sank the comondeered carrier.  I took two of the Callimacus-Beta battle orbs and Chris soon learned to fear them.  Pics to follow.

warhawk

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 17, 2015, 11:00:28 pm »
hey sorry not being able to make it today. maybe sometime soon will be able to make it and play.

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2015, 09:18:30 am »
We had a good game. I think both of us had moments where we felt like we were on the ropes. Stephan had the perfect combination of standard turrets and energy turrets and both did well for him. The Australians are interesting but I think they might really shine when used in conjunction with the long range firepower of the FSA.

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2015, 10:32:59 am »
Sorry I missed it guys. My work trip in Telluride went long and I had to stay Saturday night.

Sounds like you had a great battle.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2015, 03:14:27 pm »
I guess I didn't realize that was an Aussie commodore ability. Very interesting. Cool that you were able to turn around and sink your own ship though. Very cinematic!

I've only played against the Callimachus orb once, it was a few years ago, probably still in the 1.0 days or the early days of 1.1. By the end of turn two, I wanted to throw it against the wall. Not sure how it's been changed in 2.0, hopefully it isn't as deadly or frustrating. It was one of the only times I've run across what I thought was a "broke" model in Dystopian Wars.

Quickdraw, interesting thoughts on the Australians. I haven't used mine enough to figure out how well they work in concert with the FSA. Must do more research on this...

Captain Rockman...there are worse places to travel for work than Telluride! :)
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2015, 03:49:50 pm »
Landlubber,

That's true. Telluride is probably really nice. But, it snowed the whole day and I was outside pouring paint, motor oil, antifreeze, and mineral spirits into a bunch of different drums.

I need to go back when I can actually see the mountains!

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 18, 2015, 05:05:23 pm »
There are two variants of the orb.  One has just generators, but the other has the Time Flow generator AND an energy blast weapon that has a 360 fire arc and does 3d6 AD at RB 1 and RB2, and 1d6 AD at RB 3.  It's one of those "ignore at your own peril" units.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 18, 2015, 10:58:01 pm »
I don't recall taking fire from the Callimachus, I just remember that you had to practically send a signed petition to Neil Fawcett to even target the %$#@ thing, much less actually hit it. And then in turn 2 it warped a dreadnought into my deployment zone, conveniently placed so I could only get one gun on it. The beating commenced.

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2015, 12:07:13 am »
The Callimacus-Alph has the teleport generator and that's now limited to only Medium and Small models.

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2015, 04:55:37 pm »
Here's a couple pics as promised.  :)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2015, 10:48:44 pm »
Nice to know it can't sling dreadnoughts around the board anymore. That was a little OP, I think.

Stephan, much as I don't like them, those orbs look great! I really like the water effect. Do you feel you're getting the hang of playing the CoA?

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 20, 2015, 12:22:03 am »
I need a few more games before I'd say I'm getting the hang of them.  Definitely a different play style than Prussians!

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 24, 2015, 05:10:02 pm »
Hey guys, sorry I've been outta the loop for a while.  It was a long and exhausting process of decluttering this house and getting it ready to show.  Decluttering really means moving dozens of bins of my crap outta the house.  My crap means 40+ years of toys, games, minis, books, you name it.  But it's now under contract, and put a contract on another one yesterday.  It's down south in Castle Rock, not terribly far from Collectormania actually.  And one bonus is that there is a large (but unfinished) basement that I can offer up to host some gaming sessions now and then.

So hopefully I can make the June/July and August sessions of whatever we're playing.  I might need to borrow minis though, as mine are collecting dust in storage. 

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 25, 2015, 10:24:41 pm »
And one bonus is that there is a large (but unfinished) basement that I can offer up to host some gaming sessions now and then.

You heard it here first, folks! Mark is offering to host game day at his house!!  :) :) :) :)

warhawk

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 26, 2015, 08:02:13 pm »
Hey guys anyone willing to play a game of either DW or FSA tomorrow afterwork at crit?