Author Topic: Brawl in the Med  (Read 945 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Brawl in the Med
« on: November 11, 2013, 12:12:51 am »
A few of us got together at Gamer's Haven a couple weeks ago for a three-way fight between the Ottomans, French, and Italians.

The scenario:  On a small island in the central Mediterranean, the FSA had a small trading post before war broke out in 1870.  When hostilities began, the FSA converted the trading post into a military outpost and fueling station, due to its key location in the Med.  The governments of France, Italy, and the Ottoman Empire all coveted this piece of real estate, and were separately planning schemes to capture it.  When the local FSA fleet departed on a mission to the Azores, they saw their chance to strike.  The FSA commander left one section of artillery guarding the base.

The objective of the game was to capture the base using assault marines; whoever could hold it for two consecutive turns would be the winner.

We deployed in from very small zones on three corners of the table:

I had more painted models on the table the both of my opponents combined!  First time for everything, I guess...

The Italian fleet had initiative for turn one.  There was long-range gunnery on all sides, but to little effect.

The Ottoman player deployed a group of
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

MajorMcNicol

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • Regret #9
    • View Profile
    • Andy G. and Ian C.
Re: Brawl in the Med
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 04:56:18 pm »
Hey this was really an awesome read - thank you for taking the time to put it together, upload all the pictures, and provide notes!  It looked like it was an exciting game.  I have yet to see Ottomans on the table, their battleship did indeed seem like a beast.  I was also glad to see some painted models made it onto the table!   ;D

Better luck sinking them next time!  I look forward to the next battle report! 
http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
UPDATED Canons de Zibeline DW Merc Company rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gsuBDmdvmLNFduUHRWMEtVbTA/view?usp=sharing

Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross