Author Topic: Engagement Report: FSA vs PE (1,000 pts)  (Read 1214 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Engagement Report: FSA vs PE (1,000 pts)
« on: October 02, 2013, 11:19:39 pm »
Played a game of Dystopian Wars last week against the guy who's been showing me the ropes in Dystopian Legions.  His Prussian infantry has been chewing up my FSA troopers pretty good, so I was hoping my FSA naval forces could get some vengeance.

We played a 1,000 point game using field orders.  We both rolled six for our field orders--capture the opposing fleet commodore's vessel.  My commodore was aboard my Independence-class battleship; his was aboard the PE's new St
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Engagement Report: FSA vs PE (1,000 pts)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 05:27:10 pm »
Nice Report mate!! Those Prussians must have been dishing some insane dice to do that kind of damage!
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Engagement Report: FSA vs PE (1,000 pts)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 01:12:23 am »
Nice Report mate!! Those Prussians must have been dishing some insane dice to do that kind of damage!

Thank you!  Yes, the Prussians were throwing out a LOT of dice.  It helped that most of his ships and robots carry the relatively new "Speerschlude" weapon (I think that's how it is pronounced and spelled).  Basically, it acts as a lightning rod for follow-on tesla weapon attacks.  Once a target has been "speared", so to speak, any tesla weapon that hits it while the spear is still in place gets two re-rolls for every 6 rolled (I think this is called the Exploding Ordnance MAR, but I'm not entirely sure.). This was the first time I had encountered this weapon system on so many individual vessels.  The good news is that you can roll to "remove" the spear at the end of the turn, the same way you would roll to repair critical effects.  But that is why he rolled so many hits against my ships.

But...tonight my FSA infantry finally triumphed over his Prussian troops, so things are looking up in the FSA armed forces!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama