Author Topic: Besides Dakkar who else still around.  (Read 2616 times)

hypnotini

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
Besides Dakkar who else still around.
« on: March 12, 2019, 05:40:32 am »
My new gf and I are getting back into planetfall and dystopian wars. I have almost full aquan and directorate armies we are painting now. I have 100% entire FSA and burning dun naval/aerial and also 100% league of Italian states sets for dystopian wars. Tons yet to be painted though.

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Besides Dakkar who else still around.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 08:27:35 am »
There are three of us that play Dystopian Wars regularly. We try to meet monthly if possible and are located both in Denver and Colorado Springs. We’re still playing v2.5 and will likely be sticking with that going forward.
Landlubber, CaptainRockMan, and Quickdraw are the handles on MBS.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 11:50:41 am »
Since I dug out my Planetfall, and stumbled over my remaining DW Prussians, I find I'm still in a mood to finish painting much of it and play. I could even paint my Prussians in line with my Blutkreuz for DUST 1947 ;-)

Are the monthly games on a steady schedule, that one could plan for them a month in advance? Or more ad-hoc? And what days tend to dominate.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 05:31:54 pm »
Hypnotini, long time no hear!

Aye, I’m still up for Dystopian Wars. Still have massive FSA and RoF fleets, plus a decent-sized Chinese Fleet.

The monthly games have been a bit ad-hoc...part of it is that Dystopian Wars is a quasi-dead game and the only “open gaming” night at Gamer’s Haven is on Mondays. However, Collectormania in Parker is always an option for a Sunday game, and easier for some of us to get to with all the construction on I-25 right now; they usually have table space on Sundays.

I never was much into Firestorm and never picked up Planetfall, but I’m always happy to play Dystopian Wars.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

hypnotini

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 05:05:37 pm »
I have a house in castle rock right smack Inbetween just need to get some tables set up. As an option also. We are back to painting stuff. Working on pf but going to do dystopian wars painting again. So far behind. I am available Thursdays fridays and Saturdays always. Temporarily on short term leave though for 6 weeks so avail all the time.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 11:41:38 pm »
Cool! I'm a little wrapped up in painting and prepping for Adepticon at the end of the month. Maybe we could see about doing a Dystopian Wars day at Collectormania like we used to back in the day.

Hypnotini, I think I might have grabbed a couple of the Ika squid robots for you...someone was giving them away about a year and a half ago at Collectormania and I grabbed them with you in mind. I'll look around and see if I still have them.

hypnotini

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 10:07:34 pm »
Ah nice, ya we were definently looking for them, me more so for a home brew campaign. I need to paint up my main gaming fleet still. What are you painting for adaptecon?

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 01:44:18 am »
Nothing for Dystopian Wars. DeepWars, Halo Ground Command, and some terrain for Halo Fleet Battles.

hypnotini

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 12:02:08 pm »
Word. Are a lot of peeps still playing halo? I never bought in because a. I dislike anything halo lol and b. It came out at the end of times:-/

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 08:37:07 pm »
Ha! There’s still a community out there. Only a few of us play here locally. I love the IP and the rules for both the Fleet and Ground games are really good.

I hear you about the “end of times”...when all the dust settled some information came out that the Halo license was what put the final nails into the coffin for Spartan Games. A lot of people had guessed at that already. In retrospect they might have done better to release the Ground game first, as more people were familiar with that aspect of Halo than the Fleet combat side. Maybe Spartan was trying to capitalize on the familiarity and popularity of the IP. I can tell you that I was THRILLED when I found out that Spartan was going to do games in the Halo universe. And I wasn’t disappointed. The miniatures are great for BOTH games, and the gameplay is also a lot of fun. Fast and furious.

hypnotini

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 10:46:47 pm »
Word, I think they had too many things going down at once from disaster to health to too many games etc. I've seen the stuff it's cool I just never made it to the convince me change my mind phase. Dystopian wars and planetfall more my personal style. It just seemed like halo had just came out then boom death of sparta.

warhawk

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 09:01:15 pm »
I am still around just not playing much as of late with a 6 month old. But once i get my gaming area setup will definitly try and have people over to play games every so often.

hypnotini

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 03:35:40 am »
Word! My kiddo is 5 now. I remember being where your at and even now I gotta line up sitter in advance.

Side note getting ready to simple green mu entire italian armada and start over. I pulled them out and ugh I was a way shittier painter 3 years ago lol.