Author Topic: Antimatter Games at GenCon  (Read 1745 times)

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Antimatter Games at GenCon
« on: August 22, 2017, 04:59:32 pm »
So I passed their booth twice at GenCon, but ended up not buying anything.

1st time by, the guy was sitting in the corner looking glum and the booth was empty to the point that you felt weird even going in. And I was kinda rushed, so I moved on.
Second time, the guy was in the middle of a demo, and no extra staff, so I had a look round. Still some cool minis, but the few the piqued my interest had no prices marked. And I wasn't sure which rulebook was the one to get - the Blood Reef book, a new edition looking one, or an older looking one, all in stacks near each other. I.e. - very little that said "Here's your ease of entry pathway" and of course nothing even resembling a starter box or even Faction Starter Bundle deals.
When almost everyone else there for their own game has a starter box, or discounts, or bundle deals, not having such is a huge error.

Only the Wild West Exodus booth had a similar starter issue, but they compensated with some awesome displays and highly active demo tables, tons of folks to teach or assist, a free mini for their female Nemo character, and a gal in full cosplay AS that character. And all of this on the main floor, just outside the vendor hall. THAT is how you make a splash with mini gamers, and it would've been perfect if they'd had their new Starters (still being printed).

Of, and the WarGods of Aegyptus booth was sad, but its been that way for a decade.

No sign of any Spartan Games anywhere, not even as sale items for general store vendors.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Antimatter Games at GenCon
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 11:56:43 pm »
Well, it's not a huge game with a huge following, so that's not surprising to me. But he pretty much has the market cornered on underwater fantasy games.  :D

i know this is the DeepWars thread, but what were your impressions of the Star Trek Ascendancy expansions?
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 12:20:52 pm »
what were your impressions of the Star Trek Ascendancy expansions?

Haven't had a play in yet. Working on getting something going over Labor Day weekend.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 09:35:38 pm »
I'd be up for trying out the new stuff whenever you get it. I'm free the Sunday of Labor Day weekend.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama