Author Topic: DW Antartica vs. Russa @ Enchanted Grounds 2!  (Read 1915 times)

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
DW Antartica vs. Russa @ Enchanted Grounds 2!
« on: February 03, 2016, 05:39:19 pm »
Played a great (for him) game with Rocketman on Saturday.  CoA vs. Russia in the icy South Atlantic.  Started out okay for CoA, then that double 6 crit 'onto the rocks' happened to my Aristotle battleship...

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: DW Antartica vs. Russa @ Enchanted Grounds 2!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 05:44:05 pm »
Oh man, that sucks. I haven't been teleported into a rock in a long time, but I've had ships teleported off the board. Not sure which is worse.

What's up with the floating rocks? Too much Sturginium content??  :D
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

zorper

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 05:47:22 pm »
They are asteroids for X-Wing.  And yes, we did say they were Sturginium infused due to a CoA accident.  They blocked air attacks and movement, but did not block surface attacks.

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 09:12:14 am »
This was a thematic game, although pretty rough for the CoA. As this was still one of Zorper's early games, I think it was good to see just how much good/bad luck can play into DW.

We weren't able to get pictures, but in the first turn the CoA commodore used a portal to send a squadron of frigates and a squadron of corvettes through to just left of the RC frigates and cruisers. They got off one decent shot, but as the frigates and cruisers hadn't activated yet, they made fairly short work of the CoA smalls.

Back to that crazy double 6 critical thing, we had two! Both of them were on large/massives. In turn 2 or 3 the Aristotle battleship smashed some rocks by moving about a foot courtesy of the RC Khatanga (another notch in its hull for another large adversary decimated). Then the next turn the RC carrier was thrown into a collision with some CoA cruisers (no damage on either side).

It seems that all that ambient sturginium may have stirred the pot of luck in this game. 

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 02:50:43 pm »
I like it. Good stuff guys.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

zorper

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 03:14:05 pm »
... Then the next turn the RC carrier was thrown into a collision with some CoA cruisers (no damage on either side)...

Well, you ran over and killed one of my frigates, but the crew of the Khatanga probably didn't even notice. :D

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 12:20:58 am »
Did you find using wave-lurking on your cruisers and battleship effective at all?  Neat to see the pic of all them all lurking, by the way.

zorper

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 12:22:09 am »
Did you find using wave-lurking on your cruisers and battleship effective at all?  Neat to see the pic of all them all lurking, by the way.

I've only gotten a few games in, and this was the first time I went in all lurking.  I don't really see a reason not to come in lurking, as you fire after movement.  I think it helped a little, but the Ruskies had bombardment weapons or whatever, so the lurking didn't help that much.