Author Topic: GenghisCon 2016  (Read 2048 times)

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
GenghisCon 2016
« on: December 22, 2015, 01:20:57 pm »
I located the schedule: https://store.mstbgaming.com/ViewReportExternal.aspx?ShowCode=Ghengis2016&ReportNumber=1

Looks like there are two sessions of Uncharted Seas and one of Battlefleet Gothic!

Is anyone interested in getting some DW/FA events together?  Or PF/Halo as well?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:39:50 pm by markymark1970 »

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Re: GenghisCon 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 03:13:43 pm »
I submitted to run some Firestorm and Planetfall events, but they wouldn't schedule them until I registered. So I bought a Saturday ticket despite not knowing my schedule, just so I could register them.

So the events SHOULD appear soon. If they don't, I'll have a bone to pick.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 03:31:43 pm »
I never received a response to my e-mails about the event I tried to set up.  Seems like their process could use improvement.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 03:38:02 pm »
Yeah, if this screws up and I bought a $20 ticket for nothing, Genghis and I are done for good.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 11:29:15 pm »
Dale, I just checked and didn't see them.

Mike Garland sent out a long email today explaining that he can't run miniatures at Genghis anymore due to other commitments. He's looking for a replacement.

The Genghis website says Gamer's Haven is "sponsoring" the miniatures games at the con. I don't know what this means, although Rob and Ed have approached me about running demos for Halo and Dystopian Wars. The Genghis site (http://www.genghiscondenver.com/home.html) says a Thurs-Sun badge is $32, and a one-day badge is $20. I likely will not sign up to play anything, but I'll talk to the Haven staff and see if I have to register to run demos.

I like to game and I like to support the hobby, but $20 is a pretty steep price for me to pay just to schlep my stuff to the con, set it up, and hope that someone is interested. And I doubt anyone WILL be interested, because it seems to me that 95% of the attendees are board or RPG players. If this was a larger con with more going on, that would be a different story, but there just isn't enough there to hold my interest.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

captainrockman

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 11:25:27 am »
We could set up our own DW tournament or something. Held elsewhere.

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 12:03:58 pm »
Yeah, this year's mini's is totally screwed up.  I'm glad to see the Haven stepping in to put the pieces back together, but I'm afraid they're going to be in a no-win situation.  Also, am I understanding right that GM's have to buy a ticket just for the privilege of running a game?

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 01:34:20 pm »
There's supposed to be a discount for running things, but I haven't heard any details even after I asked.

I'm assuming holiday has gotten in the way of updates, but if my events don't go up by Monday evening, I'll email Rob and Jarrod to see what's up. I know I was late on the stick, but I need at least 30 days to get Spartan event sponsorship, so their deadline for my patience runs out quick. I'm still hoping both events are on the same day. Plus, the Con does provide prize support out of the ticket fees, in addition to whatever I get from Spartan.

And yeah, if I'm still told the events aren't in, then we'll put together something else that day in the Springs, Enchanted Grounds, or Collectormania.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 01:53:55 pm »
I just don't like to see stuff like this fall through. I've already told Rob and Ed I'd be interested in running demos at the con. I'll talk to them this weekend (going to be at the Haven board game day on the 2nd) and see what the story is.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 09:46:11 am »
Both events are now on the schedule!

Fri Feb 12th, 4 to 11:30 , Firestorm Armada Tourney

Sat Feb 13th, 4:30- Midnight, Planetfall Tourney

If you can make it, please let me know! Mats and terrain help is welcome!
All might be on 4x4s, but we'll scrounge for more space the day of.

Pending Spartan Prize approval...formal notice pending. But you can register now!