Author Topic: Kurak Vs Zenian Large Game  (Read 11194 times)

DemonFerret

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Kurak Vs Zenian Large Game
« on: June 23, 2015, 11:00:06 pm »
I am in the process of getting ready to run a large scenario game at Gamer's Haven in Colorado Springs on the 26th of July and looking for interested players. The 26th of July is a sunday.  More information will be given as i figure it out.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Kurak Vs Zenian Large Game
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 11:10:32 pm »
DemonFerret, I may be at the store that day trying out the new Halo miniatures game. If I'm there, I'll swing by and check out your game.

If you've cooked up some sort of large-game scenario, please post a battle report and some pictures once it's done! Most of us are always on the lookout for new scenarios to play.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

DemonFerret

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 11:53:03 pm »
Landlubber. I was the one who came up with the concept for the scenario but Dale Kunz was the one who wrote it. 

"Babylon Falls  - Detente' Has Failed"
BACKGROUND:
The planet Babylon-Six has been a two-decade experiment in diplomacy and trade between the Zenian League and the Alliance of Kurak. While hostilities raged in the nearby Storm Zone, many political and economic factions have demonstrated the need for a neutral ground, and for strictly regulated exchanges of humanitarian goods that one side can only get from the other.
Rather than risk the pitfalls of shared security, paired Battle-stations were established above a gas giant (6th from it's sun) in the unclaimed Babylon System. To keep them in easy trade range, but low hostilities range, they were built in orbits around the planet's largest moons, Gilgamesh and Enkidu, each with facing surface colonies on their respective lunar surfaces. Gilgamesh and Enkidu are gravitationally linked, and remain fairly adjacent to one another throughout their orbits. Both also share fair atmospheres and mineral wealth.
This has been a profitable arrangement for many races and companies over the years, and the primary location for the factions to exchange communiques and prisoners. This arrangement has grown to seem eternal and self-sustaining over the past decade, such that real colonies have grown on the surface of Gilgamesh. The personnel manning each station often have friends and family on the surface, and on the other side. Distance and the relative calm of the assignment mean that the military rotation in and out of the system is very low. While their loyalties remain clearly hewn to their governments, they would resent fiercely any change to their established way of life, as would happen with any other colonists.
As is natural for that class, a Directorate VP observed the relative prosperity of the Babylon system, and saw only an opportunity for profit and conquest. While she placed her investment and political dominos, she reached out in secret to an asset within the RSN clergy who she had personally compromised years before. Over the past year of planning, fleet resources have been maneuvered into place, while RSN agents, both open and clandestine, have escalated tensions.
The Directorate machinations did not go unnoticed in some quarters, notably the STL, whose leadership takes a long view. And while officially opposed, the STL boss in question relayed his theories to contacts within the Aquan Sebrutan. In the deeper chambers of the Sebrutan, for their own inscrutable reasons, the Directorate-Zenian invasion was not headed off, but rather allowed to proceed. But a firm response has been planned

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 09:36:29 pm »
Sounds very cool. I like the back-story behind the scenario. You'll definitely have to post some pictures of the engagement--sounds like you'll have a LOT of ships on the board.

I've run similar scenarios with Dystopian Wars, where island fortresses have to be captured. It's always an entertaining fight, as ships rush in to dump their AP into the target. Of course, in Dystopian Wars, you can block movement and line of sight, so inevitably someone tries to park a battleship in their opponent's approach path...

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 05:20:50 pm »
I'm hoping the need to protect one station while capturing the other will mean less of a scrum in the middle.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

DemonFerret

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 05:24:30 pm »
I hope it keeps some people from getting to mine happy.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 11:09:32 pm »
Event is now Spartan Official, and I have a PRIZE PACKET in hand...

Ulric the Grey

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 10:03:27 pm »
Really count me in, I will have RSN and Dindrenzi by that time. FOR DRAMOS!

DemonFerret

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 02:09:11 am »
What should i post on the sign up. I need name, faction (dindrenzi or Rense from the sound of it) and email address. Send a message if you dont want to display info in the forum.

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 09:36:10 am »
Sean, what's the current count and mix of factions?

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 11:19:59 am »
Those Grand Admirals sound like they could be true behemoths with the additional upgrades  ???
Should be an interesting game, I have something scheduled that day already but I might come take a peak at the table.

DemonFerret

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 01:12:37 pm »
With ulric 8 i think. I have about 5 maybe as well. 4 slots left. You and dale are signed as switch players. There are 4 confirmed kurak, two aquan, 1 terran, 1 sorylian, on the Zenian side we have a directorate and rense (Ulric).

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 02:02:52 pm »
Sounds like I should ready my Relthoza/ba'Kash! :-)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 02:43:25 pm »
Those Grand Admirals sound like they could be true behemoths with the additional upgrades  ???
Should be an interesting game, I have something scheduled that day already but I might come take a peak at the table.

Aye, Quickdraw and I will be shaking out the new Halo: Fleet Battles game that day, but I will also come have a look at the set-up. Sounds like it'll be a good day for space gaming and Spartan Games at the Haven!

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 02:51:59 pm »
HALO can wait! Come play in the giant game!