Author Topic: Sunday the 19th  (Read 1510 times)

Ulric the Grey

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
Sunday the 19th
« on: April 14, 2015, 02:04:57 pm »
Dale and I are planing to get a game of firestorm in and a game of planetfall for those who are interested in joining us.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday the 19th
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 05:54:06 pm »
Yar - I'll be staying closer to home this weekend. *Small* chance of housing deals interfering, but otherwise I'm looking to get at least based-coated Relthoza Helixii on the table.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 11:13:48 pm »
Well, post up some pics if you can. At least four of us (that I know of) will be at Collectormania for Dystopian Wars on the 19th.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ulric the Grey

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 01:21:32 pm »
sorry no picts, dale wanted to play planetfall so bad, that we played that first and did not have time for a followup game of Firestorm. This was due to the fact that it was our second game of Planetfall...

Oh and the Dindrenzi win again. Dale was upsept that he could not kill more then 2 tanks in 3 turns of shooting with his rethoza. Point to be made is that his units get tougher to deal damage to the more damage they recieve. also he can heal them... and yet he gets angry at me for having tough units. I think its just to the fact I must have stolen Stephan's dice for the game or something.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 04:41:49 pm »
What John fails to mention is how I discovered the Target Lock rule the hard way with my Ba'Kash flyers, by flying them right at absolutely the wrong things. Flyers need to skirt the heavy armor at a distance! At least until they can come in for a back-strike bonus.

In fact, flanking seems the only viable tactic against the DinD. They're too tough to defeat in CQB in most cases, and in a straight shooting showdown, you'll lose!

Also, Relthoza Recon elements are nigh useless if outside a Drone Nexus. So getting that 2nd Core Helix to maximize the Drone Nexus tanks and towers I can field is suddenly a new priority...
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader