Author Topic: Denver Area Meet-Ups  (Read 30798 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Denver Area Meet-Ups
« on: October 22, 2014, 01:12:19 am »
Figured I'd start this thread for scheduling smaller games at stores in the Denver area--the other thread is more for planning our larger meetings.

So if you're looking for a game at Crit Castle, Collectormania, Enchanted Grounds, or any of the other game stores in the greater Denver area, go ahead and post here!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Denver Area Meet-Ups
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 09:14:09 pm »
Looking for a game on Sunday, 25 January, in the Denver area. Dystopian Wars or Firestorm. I could play at Crit Castle or Collectormania.

BrdingPrty1

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 01:07:29 am »
R U going to be at crit tomorrow? If so I may stop by to introduce myself and check out a game. Let me know.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 01:46:11 am »
Eh, I wasn't planning to go hang out and wait for a game. Crit Castle doesn't carry any Spartan products, so I would assume there are likely few people who game there who know about Firestorm Armada or Dystopian Wars--so I think my chances of a pick-up game are pretty slim. But if you'd like to get together for a game there, I'd be up for that.

Or I can sit home and paint my ever-growing pile of resin. :D

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 11:10:24 am »
If anyone is free this afternoon (Thurs, 1/29) and wants to meet for a game at either Crit Castle or Collectormania, my schedule has just freed up.  I'm looking for a Firestorm game since I need to get solid on all the rules before we hit the Con in Feb.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 03:22:22 pm »
Some rules stuff from Tuesday that we couldn't recall without looking up:

1) If a carrier has two squadrons out, and both return after attacks, it can only launch one per turn after that, correct? This proved a major limitation for the RSN carrier.

2) Can you start with SRS Squadrons launched?

3) When doing a full crit with a boarding action, and rollling a D6 on the Precision Strike Crit table, does the "Apply the Crit Effect of X..." top roll also include *another* 2 Hull points lost?

4) Are RB1 coherency effects and rear-arc shot bonuses "all or nothing"? I.e. does the entire squadron have to be in range or arc?

5) How do you measure from multi-peg big ships again? Closest peg?

I still haven't had time to follow up on these, but they're on my mind to get straight.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 04:21:26 pm »
1) If a carrier has two squadrons out, and both return after attacks, it can only launch one per turn after that, correct? This proved a major limitation for the RSN carrier.
A:  That's correct, a Carrier may only launch one SRS token (1-6 Wings) per Command segment (see pg 87).  Also, if a Carrier becomes Disordered, all of its SRS tokens MUST immediately return to base and the Carrier cannot launch any more SRS tokens until the Disorder is removed.

2) Can you start with SRS Squadrons launched?
A:  No, they must deploy embarked on their parent Carrier (see pg 86).

3) When doing a full crit with a boarding action, and rollling a D6 on the Precision Strike Crit table, does the "Apply the Crit Effect of X..." top roll also include *another* 2 Hull points lost?
A:  No.  Your roll on the Critical Hits table, which includes the HP (depending on which Crit is rolled), and then you roll on the Precision strike table to determine any additional critical hit effects (which don't include additional damage).

4) Are RB1 coherency effects and rear-arc shot bonuses "all or nothing"? I.e. does the entire squadron have to be in range or arc?
A:  Yes, they are all or nothing.  Look at pages 65 and 66.  It states that ALL weapons must qualify for the effect (have the same Coherence effect AND meet the range criteria).  Same thing for Vulnerable Sector, ALL ships contributing to the attack must be in the target's Aft arc.  NOTE:  Impeded LOS is an exception.  If one ship in a squadron has impeded LoS to a target, it can contribute AD to the attack, but it must halve its AD before linking with the rest of the squadron.

5) How do you measure from multi-peg big ships again? Closest peg?
A:  Correct, you measure from/to the closest peg on a multi-peg model.  NOTE:  when measuring to a model with no peg or an SRS, you measure to/from the center of the model.

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 02:11:27 pm »
Anyone up for a game of Firestorm in Denver this coming Wed (2/4)?

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 08:25:49 pm »
I might be able to make Crit Castle on Wednesday, if that's the location you had in mind. Gotta check my work calendar first though--will let you know for sure tomorrow.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 03:34:47 pm »
Looks like I can do Wednesday. And, I should be picking up my Cerberus heavy cruiser tonight.  Meet around 5?

BrdingPrty1

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 04:35:45 pm »
Lndlbbr,

I will stop by for a bit, not sure I can make 5 though.

Where r u getting the cerberus hvy crzr from? I'd be interested in a couple of spook crzrs.  :)

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 10:33:44 pm »
Sounds good.  Just let me know how many points you want to play.  Brdingpty, come by and roll some dice with us.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 01:55:33 am »
Let's go with 1000 points. I'd like to work the new heavy cruiser in, see how it does.

BrdingPrty, I ordered the Cerberus from Gamer's Haven in Colorado Springs. If you're interested in RSN ships, you might want to wait a few weeks...Spartan is releasing new all-resin sculpts for the RSN at the end of this month. The Spooks and Cerberus got a bit of a hull change as well (and the new versions will be the Shrike and Hellhound respectively, but should have the same stats as the older ships).

Here are the new boxed sets:

http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2031

Since I'm playing with Stephan on Wednesday, I won't be able to make it to Crit Castle on Thursday...maybe we can catch a game next week. I'd also be willing to coach you and Captain Rockman thru a game of either Dystopian Wars or Firestorm sometime. He could use my RSN and you could use your Sorylians (I think you said you have Sorylians?).

But yeah, come on by on Wednesday, meet Stephan and see his awesomely-painted Aquans and Oroshan!

BrdingPrty1

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 02:40:51 pm »
So wed 2/3, is goin to be at crit castle? Since I have never played a game before, what constitutes a 1000 pt fleet? Should I bring my ships, or just observe? Let me know. Thanks.

Stephan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 04:36:59 pm »
Bring some stuff if you'd like, or you can borrow some of mine.  I'll probably give you command of one of the cruiser squadrons in my fleet.  One way or another we'll find a way to get you on the table and rolling some dice!