Author Topic: Planetfall  (Read 6507 times)

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Re: Planetfall
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 05:00:03 pm »
Oh yeah, almost forgot - the concept of paying army build points for Command Points to use in Bidding actiosn is a TERRIBLE idea. Crossing over your build mechanic with a fog-of-war mechanic is either going to be utterly ignored, or horribly abused. The only GOOD way to do that mechanic is have everyone start with the same amount, and have to decide where to allocate it (by turn perhaps) before the game begins.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Grabula

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 10:07:47 pm »
You can always house rule that stuff for friendly games,  I for one have no issue with that add long as of course they are fair

Ulric the Grey

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 03:21:55 pm »
Oh yeah, almost forgot - the concept of paying army build points for Command Points to use in Bidding actiosn is a TERRIBLE idea. Crossing over your build mechanic with a fog-of-war mechanic is either going to be utterly ignored, or horribly abused. The only GOOD way to do that mechanic is have everyone start with the same amount, and have to decide where to allocate it (by turn perhaps) before the game begins.

Dale from what I am reading of the rules and the PDF, Purchasing Additional command points to bid to steal the initiative that round. This represents a Commander pulling in more supplies and resources that he could us in a fight, not troops or vehicles, but a tighter supply line.

Thus he is able to take command of the battle at strategic moments.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 04:09:16 pm »
Oh, I get the point - but design-wise its still a clumsy mechanic, forcing a trade of units points for bonuses with no max or min. Younever know what the other guy will do, so do you ignore it or pay too much attention? And if both players over invest, you're essentially playing a smaller point size battle suddenly.

A better way is the TAC card mechanic - everyone has the same resource pool there, separate from battle size -- they just have to decide where to apply it
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 03:56:28 pm »
We're in the season of DW here in Colorado, and I intend to stick to that, but I am sooooooo wanting to play Planetfall.  Perhaps we should plan for something in June, to get DW out of our systems and give us time to paint the Planetfall goodies?

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2015, 08:49:13 pm »
I would be up for that, but I don't yet have a Planetfall force, and I don't know if I'll have one before June. However...we could cobble together a Firestorn/Planetfall linked game. I don't know if there are special rules out yet for that, but if not we could house-rule orbital strikes, firing on ships in orbit, etc. We would just need two tables next to each other.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ulric the Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2015, 10:18:51 am »
I think we need more games in of planetfall first. I am waiting on my Lev for the Dindrenzi before I get the next game in. On the plus side I have a full RSN Fleet now. YEA!

On that note perhaps next sunday we could get together for a few games of Pfall and FSA.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2015, 11:35:46 am »
I can't make next Sunday, sorry. Will be at the Haven all day Saturday for International Tabletop Day, plus that's the Rockies' home opening weekend--will be at the ballpark Sunday!

GO ROX!!  :D

Ulric the Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2015, 11:54:19 am »
Its ok, I know the Rox will Let you down, just like my Avs...

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2015, 05:18:26 pm »
Its ok, I know the Rox will Let you down, just like my Avs...

I'm a life-long Cubs fan. I'm used to it.   :(