Author Topic: Finally playing BFG  (Read 1117 times)

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Finally playing BFG
« on: September 22, 2022, 01:13:45 pm »
I've been out of the hobby for several years now, taking a sabbatical to focus on work and school and transitioning to a new career, but in recent months I've made time again for tabletop gaming and even ran a supersized game of Dreadfleet at the NOVA Open convention a few weeks ago.

I've reconnected with some local gamers and I may be to blame for some consensus to pull together and play some BattleFleet Gothic at our FLGS. Thanks to @ruckdog I've already been thoroughly convinced this game is worth playing even though by the time I started this hobby around ten years ago it was already fading away and I never actually played it.

But I'm looking over rules again and pulling together a fleet to play in a few weeks with some old friends I haven't seen in years, and I'll post hobby updates and fleet battle pics to this thread in the coming weeks.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Finally playing BFG
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 11:12:53 am »
You won't regret it!

I've got a line on some surplus Chaos and Imperial ships if you need any ;)

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 12:16:52 pm »
I'm keen on the Eldar and Dark Eldar ships, especially considering their orientation to the nearest sun mechanic reminiscent of age-of-sail games. The Imperial and Chaos ships feel more thematic to pre-dreadnought naval action.

I'm learning plenty about the 40K lore through reading BFG documents though! Space marines never interested me, but I've been watching videos about the Imperial Navy and the Inquisition like taking my daily ration of grog.

Easy E

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 01:38:26 pm »
I do not think the Dark Eldar use the sun orientation rules, only the Craftworlders do.

One advantage to the DE is there are only a handful of ship types, so easier to proxy or print! 
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing