Author Topic: Star Wars Armada - Clone Wars  (Read 813 times)

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
Star Wars Armada - Clone Wars
« on: November 03, 2020, 12:08:30 pm »
So, who is excited for this?  I'm definitely going to pre-order the Separatist starter set.  What I'm seeing of Wave 2 looks pretty nice as well.  I like the idea of a one-faction starter to let folks who are interested join with Clone Wars without having to buy the Rebel/Imperial starter.  I'm just hoping they release the ships from the starters as individual blisters.

Zac

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Armada - Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 05:50:24 pm »
I am wildly excited about it but it has come out at roughly the same time as Armada and the Battletech Kickstarter so I don't know how much money  I will have for it

Kelly

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 01:23:43 am »
The Clone Wars period is 100% more suitable for large scale engagements than the Galactic Civil War for both fleet and ground elements, so I am glad to see that Fantasy Flight is finally working through the prequels, however I am not looking forward to waiting through most of 2021 to see more than 4 ships.

Star Wars is in my top three games with Armada in the title, but will need more ship expansions to move to the top of the list.

If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 11:08:06 am »
Super excited for this as well. I hope that it leads to some rejuvinated interest in the game come next year! It seems like FFG really struggles to keep this game consistently supported; if they could keep up even a quarterly release schedule, it would help tremendously. That being said, ships for the game seem to be in high demand and sell out almost immediately upon restock in many cases, so that is a good sign.

In other news, FFG posted some interesting previews of the Republic starter set recently:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/11/9/teaming-up/