Author Topic: Shattered Void  (Read 1177 times)

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
Shattered Void
« on: March 17, 2020, 09:01:06 am »
Seeing as the Kickstarter is delivered and folks are receiving their ships it seems time to make a clean thread for Shattered Void content.
I’ll start us off with an inventory and general thoughts.
I backed the Kickstarter at the Lieutenant Level and went full in for most of the Astivar Collective faction. I ended up with twelve ships:
3 fighters, 2 heavy fighters, 1 armored fighter, 1 interceptor, 2 gunships, 1 repair drone, 1 devastator, and 1 corvette.
All the cards, dice, tokens, templates, and bases are accounted for except on further inspection I’m missing two plastic stat trackers.
The resin is top notch! Really high quality details, very little cleaning necessary, and construction was fairly straight forward. The quality of the cards and plastic components is average at best, the movement template is good quality but massive (which may effect gameplay), the cards are pretty basic boardgame quality, but the design and “finish” when slotted into the stat trackers is pretty poor.
I’ll post some close photos of the assembled ships in the near future.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Void
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 11:48:44 pm »
Thanks for the rundown!

For my part, I got both EEF and Vitruvian ships. I picked the fighter squadron for both, and added a ship from the support squadron for each faction, plus the EEF corvette (which seems a little out of scale when compared to the fighters).

All the miniatures are there...I haven’t yet inventoried the peripherals. I have to say the sculpts for both the EEF and the Vitruvians are excellent. There is some great detail on those ships and I can’t wait to paint them up. Definitely more detailed than the pre-painted models used in X-Wing and BSG-Starship Battles (although the miniatures for those games are great).

I too will post pics as I start to get them assembled and painted.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama