Author Topic: Stellaris  (Read 1386 times)

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
Stellaris
« on: June 03, 2017, 03:16:27 am »
Thought I'd recommend Stellaris here.  Space based 4X RTS, millitary actions revolve almost entirely around naval warfare.  I have personally found it highly addictive, and racked up close to 50 hrs of gametime while working bush for four weeks. 
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
Re: Stellaris
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 10:26:03 am »
Don't know about game play
But Endless Space 2 seems to have better graphics.
The space battles are automated but they are also cinematic
I have been watching some of the battles on YouTube
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 11:48:06 pm »
Endless space looks beautiful, unfortunately my laptop os provided by my employer and has only a basic graphics card, so for me that's a disadvantage.  Watching some game play videos, endless space seems to trump stellaris in almost every aspect, with the exception of allowing custom species.  I also prefer RTS over TBS, but that's just a personal thing. 
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 12:34:52 am »
I don't play either
Just like to watch space battles
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor