Author Topic: Ravens run  (Read 1030 times)

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
Ravens run
« on: January 20, 2017, 10:59:48 pm »
Has anyone had a decent look at this game? It looks pretty good at a glance. 

http://www.ravens-run.com
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Ravens run
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 09:26:06 am »
Cool! Good find, this is the first I've heard of it. I'm astonished by how small their Kickstarter goal was! My first impression is that this looks pretty neat. I wonder how the gameplay compares with Attack Vector Tactical...that is the only other minis game (along with its Honor Harrington themed derivative) that I know of which has implemented 3-D movement. Looking at the FAQs in their Kickstarter page, they were shooting for an AV:T feel with a larger number of minis. I wish they had a video of some kind up that shows some of the gameplay! It's a bit concerning that they do not seem to have updated their home page since the end of the KS campaign.

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 03:08:46 pm »
I did shoot off an email to them, just to see if they're still running, but I noticed after that half the factions are yet to be designed. The Bios said their lead designers studying aerospace engineering too, which may be cutting into his time a little.
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 01:48:23 pm »
Haven't heard back about the state of this game in over a week, guessing the company has died.
Tacitus

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 04:01:53 pm »
Bummer. You never know, maybe they will respond to you at some point!