Author Topic: Way Forward? Genghis 2017?  (Read 4508 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Way Forward? Genghis 2017?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 09:13:23 pm »
I can certainly provide models and help run the Halo games on Saturday night; I have plenty of Fleet Battles models (although my UNSC are not completely painted, nor will they be by then; my Covenant are completely painted, however). I can have the Dirt Fight starter box (both forces) ready plus a couple extra Warthogs and Ghosts, and one tank on each side.

I can also provide models and help with the Dystopian Wars event. Are we going to play with the Invaders?

I probably saw "The Gun on Ice Planet Zero", but I can't remember it.

If we do Dystopian Wars during the day on Friday, we'd have plenty of time for probably both Firefly AND Ascendancy on Friday night. I'm not planning to register a Firefly game, I figured we could just grab an empty table. I ran it a couple weeks ago with 5 players, that's about the max number of captains the game can handle.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 11:15:16 am »
So post up here when I need to register for the con.  I can bring models for a DW game, and I can set up tables and bring models for PlanetFall and Halo Dirt Fight.

Just let me know what I need to do.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 11:41:01 am »
I can certainly provide models and help run the Halo games on Saturday night; I have plenty of Fleet Battles models (although my UNSC are not completely painted, nor will they be by then; my Covenant are completely painted, however). I can have the Dirt Fight starter box (both forces) ready plus a couple extra Warthogs and Ghosts, and one tank on each side.

Awesome! I'll schedule accordingly. The 40K event runs just til 6, so there's a chance we could loop in Liz and Colin too.

Are we going to play with the Invaders?

That's the plan, Stephan willing. :-)

I probably saw "The Gun on Ice Planet Zero", but I can't remember it.
Their riff of course on Ice Station Zebra.

You can watch it for free (with ads) here:
http://www.nbc.com/classic-tv/battlestar-galactica/video/the-gun-on-ice-planet-zero---part-one/n3545

If we do Dystopian Wars during the day on Friday, we'd have plenty of time for probably both Firefly AND Ascendancy on Friday night. I'm not planning to register a Firefly game, I figured we could just grab an empty table. I ran it a couple weeks ago with 5 players, that's about the max number of captains the game can handle.
Good plan, lets make it so

"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 11:43:52 am »
So post up here when I need to register for the con.  I can bring models for a DW game, and I can set up tables and bring models for PlanetFall and Halo Dirt Fight.
Just let me know what I need to do.

If life goes to plan (always an "if") I should have the events up late tonight. If they're accepted, they'll be available for Registration soon, I'll let folks know.

We'll probably need you for all three events, Tod! In fact, I'm considering if I should offer to run the Sorylian Firestorm side supporting your Planetfall forces :-)

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 01:14:29 am »
Okay, two event write-ups complete, one to go, but its bedtime. I'll finish tomorrow, and submit tomorrow night. Then I'll post details here and the Gamer's Haven Page and post links.