Author Topic: Kurse You Kickstarter  (Read 19449 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Kurse You Kickstarter
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2016, 04:15:01 pm »
Um...maybe I'm misunderstanding you. All the images of the fighters that I've seen make them look to be about the size of the various fighters in X-Wing. Or are you referring specifically to the Shattered Void corvettes?
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2016, 07:39:09 pm »
The Shattered Void corvettes look to be about twice the size of the other Shattered Void ships.
Separate train of thought...
For pricing purposes the corvettes are more then a comparably sized piece of resin from Spartan Games. But the pricing structure seems to follow the X-Wing structure where the large ships are twice the price of the small ships.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 03:52:28 pm »
Oh, ok I get it.

Well, if they break 12k, the Flight Lieutenant pledge and all the pledge levels above that get a free corvette.

Quickdraw

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2016, 11:29:19 am »
This kickstarter has been an interesting one. They've added more pledge levels and provided some free stuff at certain stretchgoals. However, the number of backers has stayed fairly stagnant. Also they broke the 12,000 GBP mark, meaning the first free things were added, but then fell below it again the next day.
It's hard to say where this one is going to go as of this point. They still have a week left though, maybe the last 48 hours will see some big changes as with other kickstarters in the past.

BrdingPrty1

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2016, 07:00:06 pm »
@QDrw

Yeah it has been weird. They don't seem to want to give any real incentive/freebies to get people in.  5x D20 dice...really? Their previous kickstarter offered more. More ships R coming it seems so we'll see.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2016, 12:39:28 pm »
OK, I pledged. Grabbed one of the Early Bird Flight Lieutenant pledges, it's 5 pounds less than the standard Flight Lieutenant pledge level. I'm going with the fighter squadrons for the EEF and Vitruvians, and will probably tack on a couple of support ships from each faction (really like those EEF gunships!). Not sure which corvette I'll pick, but likely either the EEF or Vitruvian. Those corvettes might also make good marauder or civilian ships in Firestorm Armada or Halo: Fleet Battles.

Anyone else taking the plunge?

Quickdraw

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2016, 04:54:09 pm »
Sort of independent of each other, Greg and I both pledged at the same time.
As I said before I am doing the flight lieutenant level and I'll do the fighter and support squadrons of the Astivar. Along with the Astivar corvette. If anything else gets added to the kickstarter I'll be going the Astivar route as well.

If that isn't enough to peer pressure some more of you Colorado guys, I don't know what is :P

OK, I pledged. Grabbed one of the Early Bird Flight Lieutenant pledges, it's 5 pounds less than the standard Flight Lieutenant pledge level. I'm going with the fighter squadrons for the EEF and Vitruvians, and will probably tack on a couple of support ships from each faction (really like those EEF gunships!). Not sure which corvette I'll pick, but likely either the EEF or Vitruvian. Those corvettes might also make good marauder or civilian ships in Firestorm Armada or Halo: Fleet Battles.

Anyone else taking the plunge?

That EEF gunship is really cool looking. I like the look of the EEF corvette also, you should do that one. In general I haven't been too impressed by the aesthetic of the Vitruvian ships. So that's why I say do the EEF corvette.

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2016, 09:43:34 pm »
Okay. I will hop in. I'll go talking monkeys and vacuum cleaners.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2016, 12:50:03 am »
Okay. I will hop in. I'll go talking monkeys and vacuum cleaners.

OK, I've read the fluff and I can't figure out which factions you're referring to. I'm going to guess EEF and Astivar?  :D

Also, I think I'll probably be unbeatable at this game. The objective is to roll lower than your pilot skill for most actions...and anyone who has played DW or Firestorm against me knows how I excel at rolling low!  8)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 12:54:57 am by Landlubber »

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2016, 01:23:25 pm »
Yep.  EFF and Astivar.

I challenge you to a low roll competition anywhere, any time.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2016, 01:47:12 pm »
Well...actually, I've never played a game with D20s, but I'm REALLY good at rolling low on D6s. Hopefully that skill transfers over to D20s.

However, in Shattered Void, it seems that you're trying to roll in a low zone, not necessarily a straight low roll. From what I understand of the rules, you have to roll under your pilot skill, but as close to it as possible. So...I might still be screwed.

Quickdraw

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2016, 02:29:31 pm »
Well...actually, I've never played a game with D20s, but I'm REALLY good at rolling low on D6s. Hopefully that skill transfers over to D20s.

However, in Shattered Void, it seems that you're trying to roll in a low zone, not necessarily a straight low roll. From what I understand of the rules, you have to roll under your pilot skill, but as close to it as possible. So...I might still be screwed.

It's a system that they have taken from Infinity. It's a really good system. Since it's based on a D20 there is a much larger range of possibilities and because of that your model stats can have a wider range of difference. I think you guys will like it. The range means successes are consistent, but because of the nature of a D20 some crazy stuff can happen. Like with Spartan and the exploding 6 mechanic.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2016, 10:21:06 pm »
Cool. Hoping they break the next unlock level so we get the Shattered Void D20s. Either way, I'll probably buy a few D20s to match the color of the damage dealt by the various weapons systems (i.e. green for kinetic, blue for energy, red for thermal).

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2016, 01:56:39 pm »
Looks like they broke the next unlock level. The Kickstarter is in it's last few days, who else is jumping in? Glad I have at least a couple other local opponents!

BrdingPrty, are you going to take the plunge? Is The Collector going to be able resist?  :D

Quickdraw

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2016, 03:59:53 pm »
They're promising another update in the next day or so too.

Edit:

Just got an email about the newest unlocks.
Unlocking at 14000GBP they'll add 9 new ships that can be tacked on separately to any pledge, and will provide a little commemorative pin and a different free ship to each pledge level.
We'll see if that is enough to entice more people into backing the project. Personally I think they should have thrown in one of the "to be unlocked" ships for free rather then one that everyone is already getting. It is more likely to get people to put more money in and try to hit that stretch goal.

The EEF ships both look pretty cool, and they've said that a redesign of the third EEF ship is on it's way. The Astivar got a carrier and a "drone swarm" which seems to fit their background. The swarm looks sort of bizarre to me though.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:13:03 pm by Quickdraw »