Author Topic: Tacticon 2016, Sept 1-4 Colo Spgs  (Read 14916 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Tacticon 2016, Sept 1-4 Colo Spgs
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2016, 10:47:07 pm »
Is registration still open?  I need to get my act together!

Registration for running Events is still open even. For attending will be open a long while yet I believe.

Not sure of the Haven's added Greg's HALO event yet.

They haven't added it yet. I sent it in to them on Tuesday evening. Will talk to Ed about it on Sunday.

How long is registration open for running events? There don't seem to be too many events listed yet. I was planning to run Halo on Sunday and possibly a couple iterations of Firefly on Saturday--was thinking about running my "Niska's Hiring" scenario. Was also thinking about running my "Kill the Comm Satellite" scenario for X-Wing, again probably on Saturday since the main X-Wing tournament is on Friday. Not sure yet what I'll register to play, besides the DW Nile scenario on Friday night.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2016, 02:11:15 pm »
I just spoke to Ed at Gamer's Haven about the Halo event. There has been an issue with whoever is in charge of registering games at the con; apparently there is a backlog of events that still need to be added, to include some 40k and Malifaux tournaments. He said that should get resolved soon. I've been watching the event list, and it's been static for at least the past two weeks.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2016, 05:10:42 pm »
I just spoke to Ed at Gamer's Haven about the Halo event. There has been an issue with whoever is in charge of registering games at the con; apparently there is a backlog of events that still need to be added, to include some 40k and Malifaux tournaments. He said that should get resolved soon. I've been watching the event list, and it's been static for at least the past two weeks.

I noticed this too... getting close to 60 days out, they need to resolve ASAP.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2016, 11:55:36 pm »
According to the Tacticon Facebook page, deadline for game submission was yesterday. The schedule of events still has not changed. I'm hoping that my Halo event will still get added since it was submitted prior to the deadline.

I don't think this is Gamer's Haven's problem, I think it's an issue with whoever is running the con. In retrospect, I should probably have sent in the event independent of the store, and done it earlier, but that can't be helped now.

Not the best foot to start on with Tacticon's first appearance in the Springs.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2016, 01:22:00 pm »
Looks like the dam finally broke! My Halo event is now on the schedule for Sunday from 11-3, as well as two iterations of the Firefly boardgame I'm running on Saturday. For some reason they are listed as having a cost associated with them to play...$2...will have to change that, there isn't supposed to be a cost to play. There are a whole slew of other games now listed as well.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2016, 01:59:01 pm »
I think there's a minimum Event Cost (likely the $2) and then they add whatever you indicate. For example, My events added $3 per player ($5 per event total) to cover the Tourney kit swag.

Speaking of which... Spartan needs to update their damn webstore so I can order the Firestorm and Planetfall kits through the Vanguard section... :-)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2016, 07:12:07 pm »
I talked to Frank, the guy who is running the registration...cost per player is more for helping out with/offsetting prize support. Or something like that. Anyway, he said he'd change my games to $0 per player. Didn't want to run off interested players. I might make up some goofy prizes for the two Firefly games.

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2016, 02:37:26 am »
Just FYI, things have changed in my world and I am now free to attend Tacticon this year.  My priority will be PlanetFall, and I'll get the other Spartan games in as I can.  Looking forward to it.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2016, 11:10:14 am »
Sorry folks, I cannot make this event.  Will be checkin' out bears and whales and stuff in Alaska.  I hope there is (at least) decent attendance and interest, and that y'all have a good time.  May the dice gods smile upon you all!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2016, 01:08:53 pm »
@zorper, feel free to register for the Halo game on Sunday. I set the game up with spaces for 4 people, and last I checked only one spot was taken. Wouldn't mind seeing your CoA at the big Dystopian Wars game on Friday night too!

@MarkyMark, I guess that's a good excuse, but you better bring back some good pictures.

So who all has registered for/is planning to play in the DW game at the con? I've already registered, planning to bring RoF naval and air units...but don't forget I have a bunch of skimmers, so maybe if things aren't looking good on the water I'll head inland and try to capture the Sphinx or something. Vive la France!  :D

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2016, 12:39:10 pm »
So some bad news:

Over 3 weeks ago, I ordered two of the Firestorm Prize kits that have been on the Spartan page since June.
I noticed this weekend that they hadn't shipped yet; so I sent an email asking why.
Spartan replied this AM, that the "team hasn't quite worked out the kits yet", and would I like a refund or to redo the order somehow, say for the DW or HALO kits.
(Well, I've already got HALO and the DW event covered. So I'll likely just cancel the order)

So far, I have no one signed up for the Sat evening Firestorm event. So at this point I'm more worried what to do for Planetfall prizes. Any thoughts?

All very disappointing of course... why have anything for order on your site for MONTHS, when its "Not worked out yet"?!

-D

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2016, 11:05:28 am »
No good order options for Prizes, so I'll hit up the Vanguard coordinator for the usual certificates and see what physical stuff I can come up with.

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2016, 11:28:19 am »
@Landlubber:  I think that I am the guy who signed up for Halo game.

@Dale:  I'm not that worried about prize support for PlanetFall.  I'm there to get some games in and have fun, and kill spiders.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2016, 01:09:21 pm »
@Dale:  I'm not that worried about prize support for PlanetFall.  I'm there to get some games in and have fun, and kill spiders.

There will be plenty to kill! I just want to ensure there's some reward for those keeping the Planetfall faith :-)
I believe Adam and his friend will be playing, not sure who else yet.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2016, 02:00:55 pm »
@zorper cool. Hopefully we'll have a few more people sign up.

@dale do you need any help setting up the DW battle on Friday evening? I work not too far from the venue, was planning on taking off a little early that day anyway. Do you have all the terrain you'll need?