Author Topic: Official US Update From Spartan Games  (Read 3669 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Official US Update From Spartan Games
« on: February 16, 2016, 07:36:06 pm »
Straight from the "horse's mouth," as it were:

Quote from: Spartan Games
Hi all,

​We understand there's been some confusion on where Uncharted Seas currently lies, and we're very sorry to hear that some of you have been so unhappy and confused with the stance we've taken on this. In no way do we mean to imply that we don't care, or your reactions are unimportant to us. As we've undergone some changes within the team lately, our forum presence has been somewhat hit-and-miss and we understand that, and are dealing with it. This is not at all a reflection on Uncharted Seas, as it has been forum-wide and not just within this conversation. With the regard to the game itself, the following is an official update from Neil himself.

"As you all know we withdrew the last models from mail order sales a few months ago. We currently have no plans to sell these models again and have effectively retired their moulds from manufacturing.

We had been working on an updated set of rules for the models gamers currently own, and we are hoping to release these later this year as a free PDF download. We had also been working on new model sculpts, but this project is on hold while we focus on Dystopian Wars and Firestorm Armada projects.

As soon as any of these plans change we will update you via our forum.

Best regards,

Spartan Neil"

​We hope that clears up any questions on the future of the game, but if you do have any others, or any comments you'd particularly like to share, please do feel free to email a member of the team.

This was posted on the SG forums here:

http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/16759-anyone-heard-anything-about-the-uncharted-seas-update/page-6

So, it sounds like Uncharted Seas is not completely dead and buried, though it looks like we aren't going to see much in the way of new models anytime soon.

CDR-G

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Official US Update From Spartan Games
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 07:10:43 am »
Wow.
I wonder what the "team changes" were.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 07:12:26 am »
Well, I know that Spartan Beth is a direct replacement for Spartan Alex, based on some stuff I've picked up on the SG forums. So, at the very least, there has been some shake ups in the Spartan community relations area. Not sure about the game development and testing side, though.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 10:37:29 am »
Thanks for sharing this nugget, helps to have some definitive information.  Now just need to decide if I continue to hunt down missing units for my fleets, or just cut my losses for those small fleets and start those from scratch once new ones come out. 

Are there many Uncharted Seas players (or resin collectors) here on MBS?

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 11:50:34 pm »
MadDrB is a big US fan, and we actually have a couple of Spanish fans as well.

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 07:03:37 pm »
Uncharted Seas is still the best fantasy naval tabletop game!

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 08:11:32 am »
IKR! Spartan Neil has consistently said (including to me in person at Geneon) that he and Spartan are not done with this game, and that it will make a comeback at some point.

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 12:39:50 am »

I'm suprised to see this thread ends here - Warcradle have said that US is one of the games that they will be resurrecting, and early in December showed some artwork for a revised US, possibly due for an earlier release that DW in any form. It was in this announcement, in case anyone missed it - http://www.beastsofwar.com/warcradle-studios/warcradle-studios-acquires-dystopian-firestorm-settings/

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 11:09:59 pm »
Uncharted Seas has never had a whole lot of traction on MBS, if I recall correctly. The game was already far eclipsed by Dystopian Wars and Firestorm Armada when we started up this forum back in 2012. That being said, I’m sure we’ll (hopefully) see an uptick here once more information comes out from Warcradle.

Btw, I didn’t see any artwork in that article on Beasts of War, just a pic of some miniatures from the game. Did I miss it somewhere?
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 05:42:12 am »
Btw, I didn’t see any artwork in that article on Beasts of War, just a pic of some miniatures from the game. Did I miss it somewhere?

Oh my error :) The artwork came up on the DW and DL Facebook page, which I can't link to; Sorry about that.

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 09:06:10 pm »
It was sad to read Ruckdog's hope that Spartan revive the Uncharted Seas at some point, written more than a year ago.

But Warcradle dangles hope? I'm not sure how they will fit it in with Wild West Exodus. Something new?

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 12:00:45 am »
It was sad to read Ruckdog's hope that Spartan revive the Uncharted Seas at some point, written more than a year ago.

But Warcradle dangles hope? I'm not sure how they will fit it in with Wild West Exodus. Something new?

This might be the first time I'll defend Warcradle unequivocally anywhere -enjoy it while it lasts - but the situation is, the stuff they bought from Spartan Games as part of the IP ( Mainly a buttload of computer files, a handful of master models and a lot of unlabelled or poorly labelled molds ) was in a hell of a state of disarray and regardless of any plans for combining the DW section with WWX, or the whole Armored Clash thing, Uncharted Seas is set for the straightest-line possible revival with only some new design work being suggested for some fleets.

NO suggestion of combining it with ANY other product has been breathed, hinted or even suggested by anyone at WC.

I'm glad someone else has commented about WC's tendency of "dangling hope" but in their minds ( At least in Richard's mind  and in some personal correspondence with me ), he feels they have been as transparent and honest as the situation permits, and they are getting tired of accusations of "Misinformation and outright concealment" leveled at them. Maybe they could do with a break - Say, until April?  :D