Author Topic: Aquan Road to Adepticon  (Read 1187 times)

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
Aquan Road to Adepticon
« on: November 06, 2015, 09:52:46 am »
I figured I'd start a thread to document progress on refining my fleet for Adepticon.  Here's the latest battle report.  In the interest of keeping this info "in the family", I ask that it not be shared outside of MBS.  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility! 

Had a great game tonight against Dale.  I played the second test game with my Adepticon fleet.  The first game was against Chris' Terrans.  This time I took them against Dale's Sorylians. 

I call this fleet my Aquan Cruiser-Paloosa list.  The first time I played I used the Hydra Battleship as my Tier 1.  This time I used the Vortex battle station with +1 SH and +4" command distance.  The rest of the fleet was composed of the following with no Hardpoints or Upgrades on any:

4x Chironex Cruisers
4x Sulan Cruisers
3x Makalu Cruisers
3x Piranha Frigates
3x Piranha Frigates

The fleet performed really well in both games, even in the first game where Chris' dice-witchery counteracted my own.  Dale's heavy cruiser squadron took a toll on my Makalu, but combined fire from the Makalu, Vortex, and Sulan eventually took them down.  We almost had a double-death when the Vortex killed the last of his HCs and it blew up right next to my last Makalu.  If it weren't for the Makalu's standard Reinforced Hull on the P/S and a single shield save, the explosion would have double-critted the Makalu.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Aquan Road to Adepticon
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 05:02:48 pm »
Thanks for the write-up Stephan. I really need to get my RSN list in order and start testing it...

Of course, I also really need to get it PAINTED...
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama