Author Topic: MBS Podcast Episode 39  (Read 876 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
MBS Podcast Episode 39
« on: February 16, 2019, 02:51:09 pm »

Episode 39 of the MBS podcast is here! This time, Andy has an interview with Ryan, one of the developers for an exciting new spaceship mass-combat game titled This Great War of Ours! Later, Greg and Andy discuss the pros and cons of two-player starter sets for miniatures games, and list off some of their favorites.

Interview with Ryan: 53 Min

2-Player Starter Sets: 1 Hr 48 Min

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2019/02/16/episode-39/

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
Re: MBS Podcast Episode 39
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 06:42:16 pm »

Great podcast as usual - Very interested in This Great War Of Ours, as a lot of thought has been put into it and a true mass fleet battle system has been missing from the shelves since the wane of "Starfire" - I say "wane" only because it has diminished in play not gone competely.

The Two Player set discusssion was as expected really interesting - As I've said I think the Sapartn and Ground Zero Games approaches are not only unique, I think they work and I'm glad people agreed about the Spartan style; I don't think that approach was part of their demise, though have heard that said, and I wonder if anyone else will take up the idea?

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 09:55:49 pm »
@Covertwalrus, thanks for the kind words and glad you are still enjoying the podcast. Yes, possibly another interesting naval game coming at us over the horizon, can't wait to see what becomes of it!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

RuleBritannia

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 05:06:21 pm »
I agree with Covert.  Ryan was very engaging, and it was fascinating to hear the process of game creation laid out. 

Klingsor

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 08:44:47 am »
I am a bit late to the party but Mechworld in Germany have a lovely Full Thrust starter set in English or German. Quite possibly the nicest looking starter set i have ever seen, it even comes with a proper tape measure. Back to the Podcast, the new product roundup at the moment.
https://www.mechworld.de