Author Topic: A Space Mat  (Read 109 times)

Easy E

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 112
    • View Profile
A Space Mat
« on: March 18, 2024, 04:38:26 pm »
I have been toying with Space Combat games for a while, but never had a great mat for it.  Thanks for Cigar Box Battles, I finally fixed that!  This mat is just over 6x4 and is made of fleece.  Therefore, it is really easy to fold up, store, and carry-around.  It also covers my table with a bit of extra around the edges.     

I took some pictures of my Space Mecha on my new Cigar Box Battles game mat.  More to come soon I think! 

and....

and.....

Hopefully I can get some space games in to fill the forum here!   
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Kelly

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 56
    • View Profile
Re: A Space Mat
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 07:13:47 pm »
I have not browsed Cigar Box Battles mats for a while, but that one looks pretty good.

Cloth mats are something I considered before yet have never posted on as I have had a lot of trouble stitching my thoughts together, but the otherwise flat expanses of sea or space seam tailor-made for a fabric mat.  Even though I use vinyl mats to dress up my photography (I felt the details on fleeces are too fuzzy) there is nothing more fitting than seeing a table blanketed with quality art, sew my cloth mats have a special place in my closet.  Has this yarn gone on too long, or does it need any alterations?
If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...