Author Topic: Battle of the Denmark Strait.  (Read 5329 times)

Camthalion

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Battle of the Denmark Strait.
« on: May 01, 2012, 04:10:24 am »
Here are another set of my 1/2400 scale ships.  Those present at the battle of Denmark Strait. Second pic has a 1/72 scale figure which I used to show size at the time.
Mixture of GHQ and Panzerschiffe
Front row  Norfolk, Suffolk, the destroyers Electra, Echo, Achates, Anthony, Antelope and Icarus and the Prinz Eugen.  Second row Prince of Wales, Bismarck and Hood.

Prince of Wales (in her Pacific camo I know, but it'll have to do)

Hood

The heavy cruisers Suffolk and Norfolk

And the destroyers, these didn't do too much as the heavy sea state meant they couldn't keep up.

And Bismarck and Prinz Eugen

Geoff

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:31:18 am by Camthalion »

treadhead1944

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Denmark Strait.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 07:29:12 pm »
Please tell me you have the Ark Royal...

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:45:24 pm »
These look very nice too! I find it impressive that you are collecting the OOB for specific engagements; that is something I have yet to delve into.

Camthalion

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 02:41:26 am »
Thanks fellas
Please tell me you have the Ark Royal...
Indeed I do.  She was one of my first Panzerschiffe ships.

These look very nice too! I find it impressive that you are collecting the OOB for specific engagements; that is something I have yet to delve into.

I figured that collecting specific battles would be easiest, that way I would be able to game, as the collection grew.  I've stuck with the concept fairly well, except for particular ships that I really wanted and spares, extra destroyers from the GHQ packs for instance.

Geoff

Saratoga61

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 04:55:13 pm »
Great idea buying OOB style. Plus you get everything finished up to fight with! I admire your discipline! I have a horrible habit of buying stuff with the best of intentions and then not getting them painted for eons!

Do you add additional details to the Panzerschiffe stuff?

Again, your ships looks awesome!

Gary

Camthalion

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 03:29:10 am »
Great idea buying OOB style. Plus you get everything finished up to fight with! I admire your discipline! I have a horrible habit of buying stuff with the best of intentions and then not getting them painted for eons!

Do you add additional details to the Panzerschiffe stuff?

Again, your ships looks awesome!

Gary
Thanks. 
When I started gaming I bought things without any thought in it and I ended up with tanks that I could use because I didn't have a complete unit.  So I decided with my naval stuff I would try to get everything I needed to fight the battle.  Still doesn't stop me from from buying on impulse though.  Particularly for ships that serve/served with the Royal Australian Navy or ships that can be converted to RAN ships.

Yeah at the very least I add brass masts to the Panzerschiffe vessels,  Sometime spare GHQ pieces, such as on my HMAS Sydney (III)  I used one of the extra masts from the model I made HMAS Sydney (IV) from. 
Geoff

Saratoga61

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 01:14:19 pm »
Have you built any 1/700th versions of your faves?

Gary

Camthalion

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 01:33:19 pm »
I have a few 1/700 as I was actually going to try gaming in that scale first.  So yes I have HMAS Sydney (IV) on 1/700, built sometime ago and rather rough.  Its weird I don't particularly like Sydney the city, but I do the ship/s.  I have all four that have so far served in 1/2400.

Geoff