Author Topic: Upcoming DW fleet: the Indian Raj  (Read 1274 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Upcoming DW fleet: the Indian Raj
« on: July 05, 2014, 05:59:05 pm »
Spartan will be releasing the Indian Raj naval battle group and armored battle group on 13 August:

http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DWAL43

On first glance at the renders, I like the ship design.  I never was a big fan of the British DW ships, after which the Raj ships appear to be designed, but the Raj vessels have their own unique look that is appealing to me.  No idea what the rules will say yet, but I might pick these guys up instead of the British to run with an EIMC force.  I don't think it would be quite historically accurate, but eh, no big deal.

I assume it's the Monitor-class ship that has the massive artillery piece...good grief, can't wait to se the stats on that!  Also, if you're into Armored Clash, the Raj land units have mechanical elephants.  I pray to the resin and gaming gods that we see a crossover of these models into Dystopian Legions at some point...
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming DW fleet: the Indian Raj
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 08:18:18 pm »
I've got to ask because no one stocks or plays DW out here but are these ships a lot smaller then the Firestorm stuff? Thats a heck of a lot of ships for the price there...

1 x Heavy Battleship
1 x Battle Carrier
1 x Monitor
3 x Cruiser
3 x Heavy Destroyers
5 x Corvettes
17 x SAW Tokens
3 x SAS Bases and Dice
A5 Token Sheets
A5 Template Sheets
TAC Card Deck

vs the new Ba'kash patrol fleet.

1 x Battle Carrier
2 x Destroyers
5 x Frigates
8 x Acrylic Flight Stands
2 x Large SRS Tokens
2 x Small SRS Tokens
4 x 7mm Micro Dice
1 x TAC Deck
2 x A5 Token Sheets
1 x A5 Template Sheet

17 wing tokens and 3 of those big bases vs the 4 tokens that come with FA, 2 large? 7 medium? and five small? vs 1 large, 2 medium, and five small all for 2 and a half pounds more.

I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 06:31:40 pm »
Somewhat smaller, but not drastically so. Here are some comparison pics of BFG, FA, and DW models I took a while back:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-28873-30014_Eldar%20Comparison.html

I imagine the DW naval models are probably somewhat easier (and therefore cheaper) to produce thanks to the fact that they have flat bottoms ;).

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 11:37:45 am »
Uhg!  I don't have a money tree in my backyard!

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 09:36:56 pm »
Thanks Ruckdog, they do look smaller but I think youre right about the flat bottom. I bet if you stuck two of those FSA's bottom to bottom they would be pretty close to the same size as the lizards in material used.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 10:34:37 am »
While looking to see how the KOB and Raj would work together I saw that one of the Spartan folks posted this blurb:

"Also, there is one other factor here.  There may well be EotBS agents and/or Covernant troublemakers stoking an Indian Independence movement, so when the time-line advances, the allies matrix may change slightly. Or  any one of the uneasy alliance partnerships fall out - the FSA and Russians, almost anything in the Mediterranean.Something like this a possibility, so wedding yourself to one build, always using the same specific allies is perhaps shortsighted."

I like how they are trying to advance the storyline of the universe in DW. Things take a good while to come to fruition with them, but this is rather interesting. Already Belgium has switched sides, there are now Ottoman Seperatists, and Italy looks to be in a civil war. So while Shadow Hunter focused on engagements in South America, perhaps the Med is the next hot spot.

Thinking more on all the teases Spartan has been giving out (blurbs like this, pics of models, etc), maybe we are on the verge of a major DW dump. Much like when 2.0 released. If history repeats April could be a very active month.  ;D
"Without destruction there can be no creation"