Author Topic: DW Chinese Federation Dragon Dreadnaught  (Read 5809 times)

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: DW Chinese Federation Dragon Dreadnaught
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 07:18:53 am »
Ouch, bet the KOB are none to please with French air support  ???

Under 2.0 I don't think that minor nations can officially bring major nation support. As they do t have the political sway to retask national resources. Was looking into getting so e KOB subs for my Aussies and saw that rule. Still it can be fun for friendlies or scenarios, as long as folks agree on it.
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 05:07:49 pm »
Ouch, bet the KOB are none to please with French air support  ???

Under 2.0 I don't think that minor nations can officially bring major nation support. As they do t have the political sway to retask national resources. Was looking into getting so e KOB subs for my Aussies and saw that rule. Still it can be fun for friendlies or scenarios, as long as folks agree on it.

Ah, didn't know that.  Don't have the 2.0 rules yet, my Shadowhunter boxed set isn't in yet.

Hmmmm...guess I'll just have to use the Chinese bombard flyers, and the dragon when it comes out!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 10:19:57 am »
That is funky neat.  Can't wait to toast one with my Euclid.  Dragon on an accelerated particle stick.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 12:27:01 pm »
To threaten the dragon is to threaten the Emperor himself.  I suggest you tread lightly.   :P

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 04:04:09 pm »
I don't think you can run Chinese and FSA together--FSA is Grand Coalition, and the Chinese are Imperial Bond.

It's not easy to wrap my armchair historian's mind around this one, especially since the Chinese and Japanese went to war in our version of the late 19th century.

An alliance between the two major Asian nations seems to limit the possibilities for gaming battles in the region.  Sure, you can have the Russians fighting the Chinese over Mongolia, maybe... the Russo-Sino War?

Well, I guess I have every excuse to acquire a flying robot dragon to add to my Imperial Japanese forces!

I also just realized the Free Chilean Republic is also a close ally of the Blazing Sun!  My memories of reading about the eventual capture of the Huascar by the Chileans are stoked at the thought of putting together a Chilean navy for DW.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 05:54:45 pm »
Is Spartan eventually going to make models for the Chileans?  I have to admit, fleets from that part of the globe don't interest me very much.  I love history, but the history of South America has never really caught my attention.

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 05:58:36 pm »
I don't see why we don't just use some KoB models to represent the Chileans.  It was not uncommon for countries to purchase warships built in the famous British shipyards, like the first pre-dreadnought ships in the Japanese navy.  And that would also provide the opportunity to have some KoB ship models on the Imperial Bond side of things.  Until Spartan Games releases some South American designs, I'm going to incorporate some KoB ships into my Blazing Sun/Chinese/Chilean allied fleet.