Author Topic: New DW Aerial Battlegroups  (Read 1278 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
New DW Aerial Battlegroups
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:40:04 pm »
Looks like Spartan is bringing back the aerial battlegroups:

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2014/06/09/89704/

Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of new models, with the exception of the TFT movement trays. I might have to pick up the Britanian one to give my Aussies some air support, though!

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Re: New DW Aerial Battlegroups
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 07:27:09 pm »
The TFT movement trays are cool!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 11:19:15 am »
Interesting choice of models for the aerial set (for the FSA, at least).  Wonder why they went with the Savannah and not the new New Orleans, and the older Lees instead of the newer PYB-2's?

Ruckdog, in your perusal of the 2.0 rules...are we REQUIRED to use the TFT movement trays?  Because I've been pretty happy so far with my homemade TFT stands.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 11:19:43 pm »
Interesting choice of models for the aerial set (for the FSA, at least).  Wonder why they went with the Savannah and not the new New Orleans, and the older Lees instead of the newer PYB-2's?

Ruckdog, in your perusal of the 2.0 rules...are we REQUIRED to use the TFT movement trays?  Because I've been pretty happy so far with my homemade TFT stands.

Well, one possibility is that they are trying to liquidate stock of older models, though that seems unlikely as Spartan's production methods do not lend themselves to over-production easily.

As for the TFTs (which are no longer called TFTs, by the way; they are now called SAS, for "Support Aircraft Squadrons," with individual tokens being called SAWs, for "Support Aircraft Wings"), the fancy new trays are NOT required. The formations introduced in the 1.1 rulebook are still in force, however. So, your home-made stands are fine, as you can still use them to make legal formations (Three in front, two in back).