Author Topic: Spartan's April Releases  (Read 1772 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Spartan's April Releases
« on: March 23, 2014, 06:07:10 pm »
Looks like it is going to be a big month for Firestorm!

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/april-2014-release

Other than the new books, though, there doesn't seem to be much here that's actually new; most of it seems to be combo packs for already released models.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Spartan's April Releases
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 02:08:30 pm »
Since I'm not yet in to Firestorm, I'm a bit meh about the April releases.  What really has my attention right now is the teaser banner on Spartan's website for the French Dystopian Legions troops (been getting more and more into Legions--really enjoying it).  Was hoping that would be in the April release, but alas, 'tis not.  Since I have a pretty robust French Dystopian Wars fleet, I'd like to have some French ground-pounders to go along with them.

But, I can't be too hard on the guys at Spartan...they've got alot of irons in the fire right now.  And, ultimately, these are all First World Problems.  :)

I have played a few games of Firestorm, and I do enjoy it; thinking of getting into it later this year.  There are a few guys at our store who play, so I know I'd have opponents.  Although I might write to Spartan and see if I can get a discount, since I have 3 fleets (and counting) of DW ships, and 1 faction (and counting) of DL troops...
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

MajorMcNicol

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • Regret #9
    • View Profile
    • Andy G. and Ian C.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 04:43:09 pm »
I know the Aquan DN and Sorylian Gunships are new models, maybe a few others.  I am excited about this wave for those two books, mostly!  I always like seeing more DW releases - but they are coming, I'm sure...

I think for my Sorylian fleet the next wave of expansion will be:
http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
UPDATED Canons de Zibeline DW Merc Company rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gsuBDmdvmLNFduUHRWMEtVbTA/view?usp=sharing

Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 09:01:08 pm »
I know the Aquan DN and Sorylian Gunships are new models, maybe a few others.

Nope! Looking back over my Spartan email newsletters, the Sorylian Gunship came out in 2010, while the Aquan DN hit with the rest of the FSA dreadnoughts back in 2011. These guys, along with the rest of the ships on that page, were released during the time when Dystopian Wars was brand-new, and so they went largely unnoticed. It is probably a good idea on Spartan's part to put them in the forefront of people's attention again with these new bundles. Still though, it represents an entire month without anything new from Spartan, which is unusual. I'm sure it just means they are cooking up something special, though ;).

MajorMcNicol

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • Regret #9
    • View Profile
    • Andy G. and Ian C.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 09:55:55 pm »
You're right that the original models came out back then, Ruckdog - but look at the images of these new versions.  They are new "classes" that fit the same role/rules - Warwolves instead of Bombards, for example.  New models!
http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
UPDATED Canons de Zibeline DW Merc Company rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gsuBDmdvmLNFduUHRWMEtVbTA/view?usp=sharing

Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 11:30:37 pm »
They are new casts. The Aquan DN is entirely new also and a few of the others have some changes, the Retribution hull was modified and the big guns on the Persecution were shortened a bit. The Dindrenzi gunships and Relthoza shunt cruisers are new molds too.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 10:09:18 pm »
Looking forward to the two books.
Hoping the known profiles are tweaked some and some new profiles are released for the minor factions
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 08:56:30 am »
You're right that the original models came out back then, Ruckdog - but look at the images of these new versions.  They are new "classes" that fit the same role/rules - Warwolves instead of Bombards, for example.  New models!

Yep, you're right; now that I look at them more closely, there are a few new sculpts mixed in. Oops!  ???