Author Topic: Firestorm Armada 2.0  (Read 1386 times)

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Firestorm Armada 2.0
« on: August 16, 2013, 11:41:12 pm »
So 2.0 has been announced and is conveniently scheduled to release sometime before Christmas.

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/a-big-bang

New core rule book with expanded rules, new cards, more terrain, new scenarios and updated victory conditions. There's also going to be new Alliance and League books with new fleet building rules.

To add to this a new (MK3?) set of core ships will be released along with new starter boxes for each of the core fleets and Neil has stated they will be fleshing out the Alliance and Marauder fleet so each race will be able to field a fleet on their own!

If that isn't enough goodies, ok well its never enough!, Spartan is releasing the rest of the core races for Planetfall and they're going to be moving to the mainstream distribution chain. To top it off it looks like they're releasing a terrain line for it and building a tie in for games of FA and PF.

So it looks like there is going to be a lot of great stuff coming out soon and this is all on top of the awesome looking new Alliance fleets too!

There are a couple threads on this over on the Spartan Community with more info.

http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/6638-a-big-bang-in-fsa-v2/

http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/6643-new-planetfall-just-announced/
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Firestorm Armada 2.0
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 12:08:58 pm »
You know.....I never had much interest in Firestorm Armada.  I thought the models looked cool, but never had any interest in learning how to play.

Then I saw it being played at my FLGS a few weeks ago.  The guy playing is one of my Dystopian Wars opponents.  And it looked REALLY interesting.  And he offered to show me how to play.  I haven't taken him up on it yet, but....DANGIT, I don't need to get involved in any other wargames!!  I already have a SHAMEFULLY huge pile of unpainted DW models!!!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 01:35:00 pm »
I had high hope for FA but the current rules did not appeal. I hope v2 would be better and more appealing.
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 04:50:11 pm »
I was hoping for a bit more out of it too but so far its a bit like BFG-lite. Hopefully with the expanded rules there will be more possibilities.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.