Author Topic: Firestorm Armada Expansion Kickstarter  (Read 1019 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Firestorm Armada Expansion Kickstarter
« on: July 06, 2017, 07:32:30 pm »
Looks like Spartan is going the Kickstarter route for FSA as well:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Firestorm-Armada-Weekend-Offer---We-Want-Your-Views-.html?soid=1103441312609&aid=6uqvgMAv0yA

And there's even more cool news for FA fans and players!! Last year we asked you which game expansion you most wanted to see first, and you picked Dystopian Wars by the narrowest margin over Firestorm Armada.

After our highly successful DW Kickstarter where all our add-on goodies were unlocked, we're now getting ready for a major expansion to the Firestorm Armada Galaxy to take advantage of the dynamic new gameplay in the version 3.0 ruleset.

However, before we launch the campaign we'd like to get you involved, so please complete our short survey to help us shape the Kickstarter to deliver all the goodies you've dreamed of seeing take shape in space!

And stand by for a slew of new stunningly detailed models to join the galactic war!

Anyone take the survey yet?

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Re: Firestorm Armada Expansion Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 11:58:04 am »
I'm waiting til the weekend to compose my answers ... I've said before I dislike the KS model as it innately shuts-out the LGS's who are ultimately the sustainment for the game.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

McKInstry

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 12:20:33 pm »
I sent mine in. Essentially I said their performance on the Dystopian KS has a lot to do with how any subsequent KS efforts are viewed. While I am not particularly irritated by the missed delivery on the DW kickstarter (I fully expected a miss on that), the fact remains the biggest backers have not received anything yet. Until my DW stuff is in hand, I will not toss added money at Spartan.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 11:21:21 pm »
Eh, I took my usual stance on the survey--nice models, fun games, keep up the good work. That being said, I likely won't back the Kickstarter, but that's really just because I'm not as interested in Firestorm Armada as I am in other games. I might be more interested in Firestorm if it was drastically different from Dystopian Wars, but to me the two games are too similar, and I got into DW first. But, I hope it does well, if nothing else than for the sake of the hobby.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Charbe86

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 04:35:47 pm »
Mine response could be paraphrased as "love your game but you need more fluff." I'd be happy to back a Kickstarter under the right circumstances, but most of those circumstances are more real life related than model related
Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards.
Tacitus