Author Topic: HALO Ground Shipping Notice  (Read 981 times)

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
HALO Ground Shipping Notice
« on: August 12, 2016, 12:17:01 pm »
Saw this on BOLS, presumably on Spartan and newsletter distros as well.

http://www.gamewire.belloflostsouls.net/halo-ground-command-shipping-update/

The Spartan Excuses Tour continues... ;-/
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: HALO Ground Shipping Notice
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 03:39:16 pm »
Eh, I'm still new enough to this hobby that I don't know what the "industry standard" is for shipping out new games. If there is an industry standard, that is.

My frustration is that I ordered through the Haven, who of course relies on a distributor, and they have no idea when the distributor will get the game. Which is certainly not the Haven's fault, so I'm not blaming them. I ordered through them because I preferred to support the store instead of ordering directly from Spartan and then using the Haven's space to play (just didn't seem right to me). Spartan I guess is still a small enough company that it takes awhile for stuff to make it over here. I guess. But what do I know?

As excited as I am about this game, I do still have lots of other miniatures that need my attention (especially the stuff I'm prepping for Tacticon), so it might be just as well that I don't have the game yet. It is hard, though, in this day and age of instant communication where I can see other people already painting and playing.

So it's given me plenty of time to think about how I want to paint the Ground Command. I think I'm going to keep my green glaze scheme that I use for my Covenant ships and adapt that to the ground vehicles and infantry. For the UNSC, I'm thinking about some type of tigerstripe-pattern camouflage.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 03:54:19 pm »
On the one hand I can see and understand the problem. It's a small company and I understand they have issues. I am a patient person, and I couldn't even play with it if I wanted to given my current employment.
On the other hand another month beyond the initial delay is pretty rough. According to some well placed vanguards on the Spartan forum (well placed enough that they were touring England with official sets doing demos recently) Spartan is in their second run of production and there are issues, which is causing the delay. The fact that they didn't produce enough to fulfill pre-orders in the first place is fairly mind boggling. This is at least 50% of the reason you do pre-orders, to gauge the number necessary before general production.

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 04:51:52 pm »
Sent an email to see what they expected the ETA for my pre-order. She said "I have checked the schedule and I would hope to send your order either at the end of next week or the beginning for the next." Add the shipping from the UK and I'll have it just in time for October...
Oh well, with my work schedule it's not like I can do to much with it until October anyways.

Greg: I can't imagine the Haven can be much longer then that.