Author Topic: Hi Graham here.  (Read 3725 times)

grumbeast

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
    • View Profile
Hi Graham here.
« on: July 26, 2019, 12:57:17 pm »
Hi from Vancouver Island

Just discovered the podcast and am trying to catch up on episodes, really enjoying it.  I've been a Wargamer for years and years but rarely get to play but have always had an affinity for Naval wargames.  Given that I live isolated from many gamers I'm interested in doing a bunch of solo play, my most recent was a Full Thrust game.

I'm interested in all sorts of games, Historical and Sci-Fi, Painting and playing but my current played are

1. Full Thrust
 2. Imperial Skies
 3. Star Wars Armada (have miniatures.. would love to play)
 4. X-Wing (much like Armada)

I'm also in the process of re-booting some of my older games and miniatures

1. WW2 Naval .. I have a some oooooollldd minis I'm in the process of repainting.. need rules
 2. Cold War Naval .. just like my WW2 need rules
 3. Napoleonic Naval : I have some mini's but need to build them
 3. Star Trek III : Tactical Combat Simulator

I also used to play Gothic a lot back in the day and loved it, but sold my minis to fund my Full Thrust habit.. a reboot would be tempting

I guess thats me for now.. looking forward to exploring the forum and listening to the podcasts

Graham

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Graham here.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 03:11:55 pm »
Welcome aboard Graham! Glad you found our little corner of the interwebz, and that you’re enjoying the podcast (you must be a glutton for punishment!).

I was fortunate enough to visit Vancouver last May, but we didn’t get a chance to get over to Vancouver Island. Vancouver itself reminds me of a cross between Colorado Springs and San Francisco—the Springs due to the proximity of pretty tall mountains, and San Fran due to the bay and ocean access. Really would like to go back and do more exploring at some point—I even found a game store when we were there, Strategies Hobbies.

You listed Imperial Skies as one of the games you play...I think I’ve heard of that one but I’ve never seen it on the table. Can you tell us a little more about it?
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

RuleBritannia

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 11:13:42 am »
I'm tempted by Imperial skies, love to hear more about how it plays.

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 12:21:42 pm »
Hi from Texas

Welcome to the forum!
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

hammurabi70

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 03:37:25 pm »
Given that I live isolated from many gamers I'm interested in doing a bunch of solo play, my most recent was a Full Thrust game.

Graham

I take it http://www.trumpetersociety.com is of no use to you.  Any online possibilities?
6mm wargames group: 6mm+subscribe@groups.io
http://www.olivercromwell.org/