Author Topic: Nova Open 2017  (Read 12740 times)

Bull99

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
Nova Open 2017
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:17:54 pm »
Hello All

FSA at Nova is shaping up quite well for 2017. We have expanded the Build and Play this year to also include an Advanced Build and Play. After having such great success with the Patrol Fleets B&P having to run it a second day we decided to do a Advanced B&P in which you get to choose between a destroyer box set or cruiser box set. Not only will you get to build one of these sets but we will also go over advanced techniques for play include using TAC cards and how to best take advantage of the MAR's associated with your fleet.

We are bringing back the Beginners tournament this year as well. Using just a 500pt Patrol fleet, pit your fleet against new players and veteran players alike. Missions will be straight from the rule book and we will not be using TAC cards. This years Beginners tournament will be held on Friday evening of the Open giving more people the opportunity to attend. So if your looking for a fun tournament to get into then this is the one for you.

This years U.S Nationals will still be 800pts. We are lifting the painting requirement this year as the convention does not require the models to be painted. We do encourage you to paint your models as there will be prizes for best painted fleet. Last years winner of best painted fleet won because of the back story pamphlet he made to go along with his fleet. I'm not saying this will win this years but it can't hurt to include it. We kept three of the 4 missions from last year but with revised objectives and have included a mission from Reading Warfare. People have asked why we are not doing 4 new missions. Reason is last years first and second place winners came down to turn 7 and a dice roll. You cant ask for any closer competition then that! Primers will be available FEB 1st and will be updated with new terrain features as they become available.

Last years Narrative turned out quite interesting. Instead a playing two missions from the rule book the players decided to make it a Mega battle. Playing at 2000pts was interesting as we had a good diversity of ships to battle. With a stout showing from the Kurak Alliance with fleets from Aquans, Terrans, and Xelocian the Zenian's quickly found themselves quickly out gunned. With the Oroshan's betraying their alliance with the Zenian's  this led to them falling back to regroup and find a way to push back the Kurak Alliance. With only Retholza and Directorate to stop the scourge we hope to get reinforcements in this years Narrative.

The narrative has changed up a little this year as we are limiting the fleets to 1200pts and no shooting from one table to another. There will be a few surprises in this years Narrative so you will have to join in to see what happens. So if you like a casual laid back game then join us in determining the final outcome of what happened to the listening outpost.

Registration opens February 1st at NovaOpen.com and the primers for all tournaments and Narrative will be available there and at the Opscenter.com. If you have any questions please post them on here or send myself or Ryjak a message and we will respond asap.

I would also like to Thank gr1mdan for coming out to last years Nova and making it a hugh success. We will miss you at this years NOVA but hope you will return to Nova at a later year.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:13:15 pm by Ruckdog »

Bull99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Nova Open 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 08:04:31 pm »
Registration is open

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 188
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 03:03:31 pm »
Sweet! I'm going to register tonight when I get home. It's going to be a tough choice on what to register for this year; I definitely want to do the GT again, but the narrative event also sounds like a blast ;).

Bull99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 07:25:46 pm »
Ruckdog, I'm glad to hear you are coming back for a second year. This year we will be having Spartan Mike joining us. Since he's new to Spartan Games in an official capacity I want to show him a warm welcome to the community. The Narrative will have a few surprises and I will let everyone know at the beginning of turn 3 everyone will know who destroyed the listening post and it will be a game changer.

RaptorEvolved

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
  • Battlefleet Gothic, Dystopian Wars and Dropfleet
    • View Profile
    • Geckoworks
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 03:08:30 pm »
dawd really wish I could attend NOVA this year!

Last Rites

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 07:31:14 pm »
Pretty pumped for NOVA Open this year! Our group is participating in the Blood Bowl games on the Sat of the Open. However, looking forward to swinging by to spectate ya'lls game!
"Without destruction there can be no creation"

Bull99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 12:45:44 pm »
For everyone's information I have pulled FSA from the Nova lineup. After carefully evaluating the player/attendance ratio for Adepticon, and other factors that would have impacted the gameplay I had to pull it from the lineup. If in the future there is a greater demand for FSA at Nova I would be happy to bring it back to the lineup.

pallen38

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 11:31:15 am »
This is a bummer, as the only reason I was coming to Nova was to do the build and play and advanced build and play. I've been wanting to get into the game and Nova's not a bad drive from Raleigh.

Are there ever any other build and play events on the east coast? Still love to get into the game and this seems like a great way, as there're no Vanguards in N.C.

Thanks!
Patrick
pallen38