Author Topic: Spartan Games Day at Gamer's Haven, CO Springs--23 April  (Read 9409 times)

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Spartan Games Day at Gamer's Haven, CO Springs--23 April
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 01:54:07 pm »
Is the 23rd Spartan day a Gamer's Haven still happening?  What time is it going to start?  What is the current schedule? I can head down and bring stuff if necessary.  Thanks.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 02:54:05 pm »
Is the 23rd Spartan day a Gamer's Haven still happening?  What time is it going to start?  What is the current schedule? I can head down and bring stuff if necessary.  Thanks.

Still happening, from open at 10 til close at 10!

10-1: Dystopian Wars
1-4: Firestorm Armada
4-7: HALO
7-10: Planetfall

I was going to put flyers up on Saturday, but got snowed in.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 05:44:08 pm »
Yep, we're still a go for Saturday. I also meant to put flyers up, but I've just been too busy and haven't been in the store much due to other issues. I talked to Ed at the Haven earlier today, he said they've been passing the word to customers there at the store as well. And tonight when I get home I'll "bump" the thread in the store forum so people will hopefully notice it.

The schedule Dale outlined below is still the plan. I will be there from store opening through probably 8-9 that evening. Dale is going to help me out with Planetfall and Armada, and I have a couple people who are going to help supply ships for the Halo game (I've got the UNSC covered, I just need help with the Covenant), and I can cover the Dystopian Wars main game on my own as well--although if anyone wants to bring fleets to play pickup games or replace one of my unpainted fleets in the main demo game, that's cool too.

For Dystopian Wars and Firestorm Armada, the plan was to have 4 factions on the board in order to show prospective players some of the model range. For DW, it will be a simple "capture and hold the center" scenario--basically drive forward from your corner and try to keep your ships alive in the middle of the table (ringed by islands). Might use one of the "resource" scenarios for Firestorm Armada, where you are exploring debris fields for resources while trying to  keep your opponents from getting to the fields.

For Halo, we're going to use the new "Firefight" scenario. We'll have two large ships in the middle of the board (my Punic and Quickdraw's CAS), and other battlegroups will deploy on random board edges to contribute to the fight. I think it will be an easy scenario for anyone to just pick a battlegroup and jump in, while the two big ships slug it out in the center.

I don't have a plan for the Planetfall scenario, as I don't have forces for that game...Dale is taking the lead on that (and thanks again for the assist, Dale!).

We will have four tables for the day, so there will be room for pickup games in addition to the "main" demo game during each time block. So yeah, come on down, bring your models, and help us proselytize about Spartan Games and hopefully drum up some new players!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 06:51:42 pm »
I have all my HALO starter ships assembled now, in case we need more. :-)

For Planetfall, I have forces for Aquans, Directorate, and of course Relthoza. Any others are welcome (please!)

For Firestorm, we'll probably do at least 4 converging fleets in teams of 2. Either 650pt starter levels, or 800pts each.
Don't know if there'll be time for any Taskforce rules tryouts, but we'll see. With enough Firestorm players, I might be able to sit out the main game, and demo Taskforce on the side.

I'll support the DW with either SA or Prussians.

hypnotini

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 04:42:11 am »
I get out of my work meeting at 10 am. I am confirming a baby sitter but I wouldn't be down there till probably when dystopian wars ends. still wanna check it all out and I can bring my 4x4 maybe set up another table for dw. I wanna learn firestorm also.

zorper

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2016, 11:42:20 am »
I've got fully painted Sorylians for PlanetFall so I will definitely join that.  I'd like to check out HALO as well.  They told me I'm doing a system upgrade on Friday night, so DW will be kind of tough for me.  If you need more players for DW, let me know and I just wont sleep.

I also got my Firestorm Taskforce starter in the mail.  Not really interested in Armada, but wouldn't mind trying out the smaller game.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2016, 11:51:39 am »
still wanna check it all out and I can bring my 4x4 maybe set up another table for dw. I wanna learn firestorm also.

Depending on other games going, we should have space for side tables to spawn off
And I used to be known for being able to demo/play two things at once. ;-)

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2016, 11:52:42 am »
I also got my Firestorm Taskforce starter in the mail.  Not really interested in Armada, but wouldn't mind trying out the smaller game.

I'm hoping we'll have enough for the main demo and a side Taskforce game. Which means I need to get my TF models ready for minimum tabletop (based and base-coated).

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2016, 11:54:40 am »
And I'll repeat here - if any of you all can support the Firestorm event at Conclave of Gamers, please come on by this Friday!

Zorper, sounds like you'll be working - but if you're free at 10AM Friday there's a HALO demo too. :-)

DemonFerret

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 06:06:50 pm »
I will be bringing my terrans/hawker and my terrain for firestorm. I can be at haven any time saturday if someone needs an assist running firestorm.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 06:38:42 pm »
@Hypnotini and @Zorper--come on down and play whatever/whenever you can. We're going to have four of the 4x6 tables. The only schedule I'm sticking to is for the big demo games for each system (DW from 10-1, Firestorm Armada from 1-4, Halo from 4-7, and Planetfall from 7-10). That's really so folks who haven't ever played any of those games know when we'll be running the big demos. If you want to grab one  of the tables for DW while we're running the Halo demo, that's fine! I purposefully asked the Haven for 4 tables so we could run pick-up games while the big demos are underway. The more the merrier, I say. Will be good to (hopefully) see you both there.

Also, the Halo scenario I'm going to use should make it easy to drop in/out of the game. Basically, you'll get a battlegroup and the stats for that battlegroup, and you'll be off to the races until your battlegroup has been shot up. Depending on how many players we have, we might be able to give people two battlegroups to run, or maybe you can grab a new one if your first one is destroyed. I will likely be controlling one of the two massives in the middle of the board; will need someone else to control the other (the Punic and the CAS).

@Dalek Unz--many thanks for the support. Can you bring your Halo stat cards as well, for both UNSC and Covenant? I'll bring all of mine too.

@DemonFerret--sounds great. Will be good to see the Hawker fleet on the table. For demo games, I think it's always good to get as wide an array of models on the table covering as many factions as possible so prospective players can see the variety of fleets. I'll bring my RSN as well.

Ulric the Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 06:50:35 pm »
remember Greg, I got the starter set, so I am bring the whole thing. For halo that is.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 10:12:21 pm »
remember Greg, I got the starter set, so I am bring the whole thing. For halo that is.

Yep, I haven't forgotten. Much appreciated, seriously.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 05:09:12 pm »
BTW, Greg - I'm going to see if you and I can get in early for set-up on Saturday... So I'll plan to be there at 0930

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2016, 09:30:08 am »
BTW, Greg - I'm going to see if you and I can get in early for set-up on Saturday... So I'll plan to be there at 0930

Cool, thanks Dale. I'll plan to be there at 0930 as well.