Author Topic: 2016 Painting Contest Discussion  (Read 1733 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
2016 Painting Contest Discussion
« on: January 31, 2016, 06:07:46 pm »
I thought it might be good to have a dedicated spot for general discussion regarding the painting contest. The official entry window is now open, so get your entries in!

Captain Dan

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Painting Contest Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 06:59:27 pm »
Hi Ruckdog!

I just have one question:

Can Iron Dwarves vessels qualify for "Steampunk" entries despite the game system is Fantasy (UCS)?

Their ships are mostrly ironclads, and they also have submarines and an airship!

There is other "steampunk"-like faction (the Shroud Mages) but I think they also have some magical elements that make them to qualify for fantasy only.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 07:40:56 pm »
Captain Dan,

That is a good question! I think that I would have to rule that any US minis would have to fall into the Fantasy category, though I totally understand your point about the design asthetic being almost steampunk for certain factions. In reality, based on the last three years, this would work to the advantage of the painter entering the US minis, as the Steam Punk field will likely be much more crowded!

Captain Dan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 05:15:21 am »
OK

Thanks for clarifying!  :)

Danaussie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 08:46:52 pm »
Gosh guys wow!!!

What a fabulous body of work by all contestants, I have been looking at all the entries this morning, and cant believe my eyes. I admit to a certain amount of bias toward the historical entries but goodness some of these sci-fi and steam-punk entries are simply stunning and gorgeous miniatures in anyones language. Guys I regret not having the time to dedicate to submitting an entry to this years contest, instead dedicating what minimal time I have had available to making sure that you get the Islands set as promised for the competition winner.

I will not let the cat out of the bag just yet, but I can assure you guys that this set is one of the best I have ever made using all the best terrain making skills I have learned and practiced over many years, and I can assure you that you will receive nothing but my very best work that I hope you will use and enjoy for many years to come on your respective table-tops.

The set is nearing completion and should be ready for shipping on Monday the 18th of April after I receive word of the competition winner and receive shipping details, depending on location of course, the set should take between 5-7 working days to reach you. I can also assure contestants that the greatest possible care is taken to ensure that your islands reach you in perfect condition ready for play. Being a gamer myself I know how to treat miniatures and terrain with the utmost respect and care.

If anyone has any questions or queries in relation to this prize please do not hesitate to contact me here via PM or email me direct: dan.byron@internode.on.net

Good luck guys!!!

Dan